AWS Enterprise Architect Business Unit Description
Cognizant AWS Business Group helps enterprises transform their business through its deep industry expertise, solutions and AWS services.Opportunity
As part of an entrepreneurial team of this fast growing business, we are looking for experienced and motivated technologists who possess a unique balance of technical depth, business acumen, communication and strong interpersonal skills. You will partner with Cognizant customers, Cognizant Sales Specialists and other Cognizant Service Lines to design highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems and accelerate the adoption of Cognizant Offerings for AWS. In collaboration with sales of different Cognizant verticals and service lines, you will drive revenue growth across a broad set of customers in the areas of infrastructure, application, data and IoT modernization. As a trusted customer advocate, the enterprise architect will help organizations understand best practices around advanced cloud solutions using AWS services, and how to modernize applications and data for digital readiness. You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy for CXOs and build thought leadership and mindshare within Cognizant enterprise customers. The ideal candidate must have a breadth of experience in application, data and security architectures and exposure to design patterns in software engineering, database design and distributed computing. The ability to connect technology with measurable business KPIs is critical.
The candidate will have the following attributes:
- Dynamic, self-motivated and fun to work with. Ability to take on technical challenges and have fun solving business problems with AWS based solutions.
- Enjoy working with enterprise customers. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Have a strong understanding of large scale distributed computing architectures. The ideal candidate will have past experience of working as a Senior Application or Infrastructure Solution Architect. You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills updated and developing new ones, so you can make strong contributions to deep architecture discussions. You will regularly take part in deep-dive education and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with the sales teams, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS and Cognizant Offerings
- As a key member of the business development and sales team, ensure success in modernizing and migrating applications, data and IoT on AWS
- Educate customers of all sizes on the value proposition of Cognizant offerings for AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the Cognizant architect community
- Author or contribute to Cognizant blogs, whitepapers and webinars
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers and delivery teams
- AWS Professional Architect certification
- 10+ years of design, implementation, and/or consulting experience with distributed applications or systems architecture
- 5+ years of experience with infrastructure/application architecture, database architecture and networking
- 3+ years relevant experience in technology/software consulting
- Computer Science, Math or Engineering degree
- Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with internal and external executives, IT management, technical conferences and development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to continuously adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
- Deep exposure to micro-services architectures, data lake design, container orchestration platforms, DevOps and CI/CD
- Visit customer locations and partner events (travel up to 25%)
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without the need for employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting : Oct 29 2020
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 194 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @USJobsCognizant.
Cognizant is recognized as a Military Friendly Employer and is a coalition member of the Veteran Jobs Mission. Our Cognizant Veterans Network assists Veterans in building and growing a career at Cognizant that allows them to leverage the leadership, loyalty, integrity, and commitment to excellence instilled in them through participation in military service.
Cognizant is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you have a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to search for a job opening or submit an application, please email CareersNA2@cognizant.com with your request and contact information.
Apply on company website