DescriptionSHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
Are you a New Graduate Nurse looking for your first opportunity? Are you looking for a nurse residency program that invests in YOU, your career, and your future?
We offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several other perks to make your benefits package customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
HCA is dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues. We will provide you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are currently looking for ambitious New Graduate RNs to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential here!
We invite new nursing school graduates to apply for our StarRN New Graduate Program!
Specialty Training Apprenticeship for Registered Nurses = STARN
This is a 10-14 week PAID program starting Monday, September 14, 2020, featuring didactic and clinical training, as well as a 1:1 Preceptorship. It allows new graduates to obtain acute care nursing experience through an intensive internship program, then transition to staff roles at the facility.
Part 1: StaRN Training – First 5 to 7 Weeks
- Instructor-led classroom training
- Paid training – all nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates
- State-of-the-art simulation including comprehensive debriefs
- Self-directed / on-line learning
- Several Certifications obtained
- Meditech Training and Validation
- Schedule: typically Monday-Friday, 40 hour work week (8hr days)
Part 2: StaRN Clinical Preceptorship – Next 5 to 7 Weeks
- Conducted at the hospital
- Paid training – all externally hired nurses will be paid at the new graduate RN hourly rates during preceptorship (union facilities may differ)
- You will be assigned a preceptor specifically for you; to train you and get you acclimated to your role
- Regular development meetings between the resident, their preceptor and their Director
- Schedule: 3 – 12 Hour shifts on the unit that selected you
Part 3: HCA Residency Program – Remainder of your 1st year
- Upon successful completion of the StaRN Program, residents will transition to their full-time roles at the hospital
- Nurse Residents continue monthly professional development through routine interactions with a mentor
- Attend a monthly residency seminar
- Complete an evidence-based capstone project
- Attend 1 year graduation
StaRN Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital.
Opportunities are available across the system in a variety of units, with the vast majority being in Medical/Surgical/Telemetry units. While we understand that you may be interested in a specific unit, however we cannot always guarantee that request. We appreciate your flexibility in this, and hope that you understand that this is just the first step in long and rewarding nursing career, in which you will have many opportunities.
- Current Georgia RN licensure
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing, within past 1 year is preferred
- Program acceptance requires a minimum two (2) year, full-time commitment to the hospital. If a nurse chooses to leave the facility before the 2 year commitment is fulfilled, they may be required to meet a monetary responsibility.
- Self-motivated and strong communication skills required
- Attendance is imperative throughout the StaRN Training program
Equal Opportunity Employer
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website