Manager of Trust Advisors Individuals in this role are responsible for managing a team of 10 - 15, including Trust Advisors, Trust Administrators and Trust Client Assistants ensuring compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and practices in the administration of Trust accounts. Individuals in this role would utilize their fiduciary/administrative expertise in addressing issues in the region's book of business, provide fiduciary training as needed, and are a resource to their colleagues while managing their own book of HNW and complex Personal Trust Accounts. Individuals in this role have direct and indirect responsibility for new business development and they have direct responsibility for ensuring a client experience that exceeds expectations along with reducing attrition. Position Responsibilities: Administration / Compliance
- Manage larger and more complex personal trust accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law, corporate and personal trust policies which are consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Review, analyze and interpret documents for direction; evaluate account information for completeness and accuracy, monitor and review account transactions, respond to incoming correspondence and client requests while ensuring decisions are made in a prudent and responsible fashion.
- Provide premier client service at all times to include interactions with Financial Advisors and families while ensuring decisions are aligned with fiduciary requirements.
- Coordinate the implementation and review of investment programs, working with the Alliance Investment Unit and Trust Partners.
- Collaborate with the appropriate internal partners (TRUST ADVOCACY) to resolve and respond to issues brought forth by principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen such as requests for special distributions, fee issues, or disputes.
- Perform trust compliance requirements including but not limited to Administrative Account reviews on all accounts in accordance with policy, presenting proper documentation and rationale for discretionary actions, completing all required corporate compliance training and ensuring account administration aligns with all policies.
- Remain current on fiduciary/tax/legal changes that impact administration of accounts.
- Meet all requirements for remediation of exceptions or any other issues with accounts that require attention.
- May manage large family relationships and multigenerational trusts.
- Responsible for ensuring colleagues are compliant with expectations for their account administration i. e. administrative reviews are completed timely each month, overdrafts are cleared within 45 days, outstanding exceptions are addressed ongoing and remediated timely.
- Participate and assist programs to improve efficiencies, improve client service and/or to improve business outcomes for Comerica Trust Alliance. Actively contributes to the team, collaborating and providing feedback on operational improvements.
- Assists new business opportunities with the Business Development Officers (Trust Specialists) participating, as needed, in prospect and client meetings to expand existing relationships.
- Attend meetings and provides presentations with internal and external referral sources to encourage business development.
- Provide the opportunity for colleagues to create or expand connections with centers of influence, while creating opportunities for themselves.
- Provide leadership and mentorship to team members creating opportunities for growth and development within their roles.
- Create an atmosphere of accountability for client service, an expectation of proactive client contact and an expectation that colleagues adhere to client communication guidelines.
- Establish an expectation that colleagues are accountable to attrition results in their book of business.
- Accountable for attrition results in the regional book of business and Alliance Trust as a whole.
- Supervise direct reports in management of day to day activities, enhance their professional development, and improve staff performance. Review reports which assist in measuring the overall performance of the designated work unit.
Apply on company website