Petroleum Engineering Technician
The Petroleum Engineering Technician (PET) assists the Bank's Petroleum Engineers with a variety of assignments related to the evaluation, analyzation and documentation of the client's or prospect's data pertaining to their oil and gas reserve estimates and production forecasts. The PET independently identifies the appropriate information to be used in the analysis drawn from engineering databases. The PET utilizes the information obtained through independent research to formulate reserve projections that aligns with Comerica's risk models. The position works closely with Energy management, Relationship Managers (RMs), Portfolio Managers (PMs) and Credit Administration.
The successful incumbent can exercise independent judgment and discretion. The incumbent possesses a highly specialized technical and analytical skillset. The selected candidate has excellent time management, written and verbal communication skills.
Collateral Evaluation Support
- Independently build reserve profiles for clients and prospects, using industry specific databases.
- Collect, download and manipulate client engineering file.
- Calculate the client hedging value to be incorporated into the banks' economic projections.
- Provide cashflow reconciliations applying the Bank's policies and pricing models to ensure accurate valuations.
- Compile final engineering work package used by the Petroleum Engineer.
Research & Data Management
- Research, retrieve and organize information from online data sites to independently validate reserve performance.
- Maintain historical oil and gas price data.
- Manage data for Regulatory reporting and support ad hoc requests on the loan portfolio.
- Schedule timelines for projects, maintain files and computer software updates.
Apply on company website