GES BIN Manager
Through a BIN Sponsorship relationship with third parties, Comerica issues prepaid debit cards to individuals who qualify for various state benefits including Unemployment, Child Support, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF), Payroll, Retirement, Home Care, Foster Care, Child Card, Department of Corrections, Workforce Safety, Tax Refunds, Travel Reimbursement and Disability. The third party manages and owns the contractual relationship with the various states, the vendors that interact directly with the prepaid account cardholders as well as the vendors whose services are related to prepaid account fulfillment. The relevant services provided by the third party for these programs include: enrollment & card issuance, transaction processing, cardholder servicing (customer service), dispute handling and website. This position, BIN Sponsorship Programs ("Programs") Operations Manager, is responsible for relationship management and coordinating and overseeing the Programs' third-party supplier monitoring activities, including those related to complaints. In addition, this role is responsible for the relationship management with Mastercard which is the third party that produces the plastic for all of the BIN sponsorship programs.. The position also manages a team including an Industry SME Project Manager and 3 specialized business analysts. Position Responsibilities:
- Responsible for implementing and managing the Programs' third-party supplier risk management oversight and complaints management.
- Negotiate third party contracts with suppliers including operational, compliance and other performance-based terms and conditions.
- Serve as a Processor Supplier Initiative Manager ("SIM"), manage performance terms, contract terms, commercial obligations and risk management associated with third-party suppliers, and oversee the Programs' third-party supplier's operational execution of the Program-related activities.
- Ensure the Programs' activities comply with policies, procedures, and all legal and regulatory requirements, monitor for expected execution. These include both Comerica policies as well as several external regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Direct Express Programs Operation Manager, SIM, and other key stakeholders, as needed, to realize efficiencies between the Direct Express Program and BIN Sponsorship Programs. These efficiencies are related to vender management oversight as well as overseeing the compliance management system (CMS) for the third-party vendors.
- The CMS includes reporting, issue management, change management, document governance and training management.
- Oversee ongoing monitoring and assessment of the Programs' operating environment. This includes vendors procedures, training , self-testing and providing trend analysis on the third party complaints.
- Monitor the third-party supplier relationship to uncover issues before they become systematic.
- Manage the development and maintenance of the Programs' monitoring plan.
- Serve as the Complaints Manager, implement appropriate remedies for complaint resolution, identify and remediate issues, and remediate reoccurring trends.
- Cardholders call the third party vendor with complaints and disputes which require the third party to investigate and resolve according several laws & regulations.
- Monitor service level standards and provide senior management with compliance reporting.
- Maintain an environment where processes and controls are monitored, and potential risks are escalated on a timely basis.
- Recognize and evaluate the risk of doing business with third-party suppliers, including risk to Comerica's reputation.
- Review internal and external operational risk events for opportunities to challenge where new preventative and detective controls could be implemented.
- Adhere to Comerica's on‐going governance program to monitor third-party supplier relationships, the business activities being performed and reporting and escalation of identified risks.
- Take ownership of audit and regulatory exam outputs.
- Manage a team including an Industry SME Project Manager and 3 specialized business analysts.
Apply on company website