Trust Tax Analyst Sr.
The Trust Tax Department will be responsible for managing tax preparation for fiduciary accounts and clients, managing IRS notices, addressing issues with the IRS or state agencies, and ensuring accuracy in payments to the IRS or state agencies. The Trust Tax Analyst Sr. role will be responsible for working with our Trust Advisors to communicate any tax updates and partnering with our tax preparation vendor to ensure accuracy and timeliness of tax filings and payments. Position Responsibilities:
Fiduciary Income Tax Responsibilities
- Review completed outside preparers tax returns for accuracy prior to filing.
- Review IRS and State notices for accuracy and proper handling; prepare responses and submit timely.
- Process balance due payments on fiscal year returns.
- Review tax refunds for accuracy and resolve any tax related issues.
- Produce and review 1099s for accuracy
- Reconcile the foreign tax account to the IRS tax payment system monthly.
- Collect foreign taxes from trust accounts.
- Analyze and process quarterly estimated tax payments.
- Review and balance quarterly tax reports provided by tax vendors.
- Prepare monthly disbursement reconcilement schedules for suspense accounts.
- Assist in researching and preparing responses for IRS audits related to fiduciary income tax returns and payments.
Apply on company website