EXECUTIVE PHARMACY DIRECTOR
UNIVERSITY LOUISVILLE HOSPITAL
The Executive Pharmacy Director will oversee the pharmacy operations at the University of Louisville Hospital and the James Graham Brown Cancer Center, a total of 333 staffed beds. Among the key responsibilities of the position will be successfully collaborating with Pharmacy leadership to identify opportunities and enable best practices within the pharmacy, such as decentralizing pharmacy services, expanding clinical and ambulatory services, and building an integrated work team.
University of Louisville has partnered with Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) to help achieve ULH's goal of excellence in pharmacy practice including inpatient, ambulatory, specialty and a robust ASPH accredited Pharmacy Residency program. The Executive Pharmacy Director is an employee of CPS. Other CPS employees include the Clinical Pharmacy Manger and the Pharmacy Business Manager.
About the Facility: University Louisville Hospital, an academic teaching and research hospital, is at the heart of the Louisville Metro area in downtown Louisville. ULH offers a second-to-none cancer center, world-renowned trauma team and a uniquely streamlined, nationally accredited stroke center – the latest innovations in a history of world-class care. ULH is the only Level I Trauma Center in the region. The Trauma Center admits more than 3,000 patients each year. Management of the pharmacy is outsourced to Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS).
- B.S. or PharmD from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy
- MBA OR Pharmacy Management Residency preferred
- KY pharmacist license in good standing with the Board of Pharmacy or ability to obtain one
- 5 years pharmacy director experience in a complex health care system
- Experience working with Integrated Delivery Networks
- 340B and Specialty Pharmacy experience preferred
- Thorough knowledge of state and federal laws and regulations governing pharmacy services
- Proficient in the use and application of new medications and technology
- Leadership, change management, administrative, human resource, and managerial skills required
- Demonstrated ability to effectively participate on interdisciplinary teams and committees
- Business acumen including profit/loss understanding, contract negotiations, and GPO function required
- Effective verbal and written communication skills are required
- Problem solving ability and analytical thinking required
Benefits: All CPS employees enjoy a competitive salary and are eligible to participate in the 401(k) savings plan with a match. Full Time employees are also eligible for a comprehensive benefits package, including Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance / Paid Time Off (PTO) Program / Company Paid Short- and Long-Term Disability / Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance / Medical Flex and Dependent Care Accounts and more.
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website