STAFF PHARMACIST - PER DIEM
LINCOLN TRAIL BEHAVIORAL HEALTH HOSPITAL
Hours: This position is scheduled to work 16-19 hours per two week pay period; primarily 8 hour shifts on Tuesdays or Thursdays and 4 hour weekend shifts.
As a Staff Pharmacist , you will fill orders with accuracy; check technician-prepared products before release; maintain security of pharmacy and controlled substances; enter orders and patient information with accuracy; aid in the training of new staff; update the Director about the daily activities of the pharmacy; and aid the Director in maintaining the pharmacy.
About the Hospital: Lincoln Trail Behavioral Health System is a 140-bed hospital offering inpatient services for female adolescents, adults, older adults, military/veterans and their families. Lincoln Trail Behavioral Health System's quality services are provided by psychiatrists, addictionologists, licensed therapists, certified alcohol and drug counselors, activity therapists and teachers. Also, care is given by registered nurses 24 hours a day. Since 1986, Lincoln Trail Behavioral Health System has been a proven psychiatric care provider in mental health and substance abuse. The pharmacy system includes HCS for pharmacy orders and CPOE. The pharmacy is open Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm and weekends 8am-Noon. In the fall, Omnicell automated dispensing cabinets will be implemented. Management of the pharmacy is outsourced to Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) and all pharmacy staff are employed by CPS.
- Pharmacy degree (BS or PharmD) from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Current Pharmacist license in good standing in the state of practice
- Successful completion of a Pharmacy Practice Residency program strongly preferred
- Experience as a Pharmacist in a Hospital setting preferred
- Ability to work independently, set priorities, make critical decisions, and respond to client concerns
- Demonstrated accuracy and timeliness in a work setting
- Experience using computer applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and pharmacy information systems
- Effective communications skills; verbal and written
Additional Hospital Requirements: Please note: Lincoln Trail Behavioral Health Hospital, requires all Comprehensive Pharmacy Services (CPS) employees to meet vaccine and immunization requirements prior to starting work in the Pharmacy. If you accept an offer of employment from CPS you will be required to present copies of the following records to
Hire Right (our background check provider) before you start working. If you do not have copies of these records, Hire Right will send you instructions on how to obtain the necessary requirements.
- (PPD) TB Skin Test - Proof of NEGATIVE Tb skin test within the last 12 months
- (Flu) Influenza-required for hire between Oct 1st-April 30th
- Hepatitis B – THREE (3) documented doses…OR…a Blood Titer proving reactive status or declination
Benefits: All CPS Per Diem employees are eligible to participate in our 401(k) program with an employer match and for the EAP (employee assistance program).
About CPS: Founded nearly 50 years ago and employing over 2,500 clinical, regulatory, and operational pharmacy professionals, Comprehensive Pharmacy Services is the nation's oldest and largest provider of pharmacy support services to more than 700 hospitals and healthcare facilities across the United States and Puerto Rico. CPS helps hospital pharmacists tackle complex problems such as medication reconciliation, hyper-inflated drug costs, standardization, centralized distribution, regulatory & compliance, and 340B programs leading to increased quality, reduced admissions and lower costs. Services provided by CPS include pharmacy management, pharmacy consulting, specialized pharmacy services, telepharmacy, 340B program compliance assurance, ambulatory & retail pharmacy services, medication related transition of care, and pharmacy analytics. For more information, visit http://www.cpspharm.com .
Equal Opportunity Employer
Apply on company website