Courtyard by Marriott Grand Rapids Airport
Dynamic Leader looking for an Excellent Opportunity to join an Excellent Team! Why You Want to Work for Us...
HVMG is a growing property ownership and management company with opportunities for development and advancement for Excellent individuals.Why you will enjoy this job
This is a great opportunity for a high energy, hands on Assistant General Manager. You will have the opportunity to use your excellent team building skills, being an active member of the property helping the General Manager drive exceptional results!Who Will this Job Appeal To?
- Ability to manage and lead a team of Excellent associates.
- Local market knowledge experience preferred.
- Proven track record of revenue, market share and GSS improvements/results.
- Individuals who enjoy working at a property that develops people for promotion.
- People who enjoy working at a property that takes an active role in the community.
The ideal candidate is an a hands on leader with an established and consistent track record of high performance in Rooms, Food & Beverage and Engineering functional areas to maximize performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing levels of guest satisfaction.Requirements
- Must be a citizen of this country or possess a valid work permit.
- Requires a minimum of 2 plus year of leadership experience in a hotel environment.
- Similar brand experience preferred.
- Must be able to lead Guest Satisfaction Initiatives.
- Position will be required to work a varied schedule that may include evenings, nights, and weekends.
- Experience managing and completing hotel Accounting & HR responsibilities.
- Track record driving and meeting GSS.
- Consistently exceed revenue and guest expectations.
- Ability to manage change effectively.
- Provide leadership to position the property to achieve the mission.
- Provide leadership to the departments to achieve their goals and objectives.
- Communicate the goals and objectives and inspire associates to achieve those goals.
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to sell concepts and ideas to management, peers, and associates.
- Maintain a good working relationship with guests, groups, and personnel from other departments.
- Demonstrate team building experience and lead by example.
- Participative management style.
- Proven successful leadership experience.
- Abilities to inspire, train, and develop people for promotion.
- Experience training associates.
- Instill a guest service attitude in all associates with a "can-do" attitude.
- Coach associates how to resolve and deescalate conflicts.
Requirements include basic reading, writing and math skills. May be required to work nights, weekends, and/or holidays. This job requires ability to perform the following:regularly required to talk , hear and interact with guests. Frequently is required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Occasionally required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and stand for long periods of time.Educational Requirements:
- BA/BS 4-5 year degree or foreign equivalency.
- Medical / Dental / Vision
- Life Insurance / Long Term Disability /Short Term Disability
- 401Kwith a match!
- Paid Vacation Days / Paid Personal Days /Paid Holidays
Apply on company website