FULL TIME BENEFITED
The Clinical/Clerical role appropriately cares for patients of all ages; assists providers in procedures; accesses appropriate reference/resource manuals as needed; accurately documents all patient care interactions; performs assigned duties as scheduled and meets deadlines. The position requires the collection of patient data and appropriate communication of results; placing patient needs as a priority; empathizing with patients; maintaining strict confidentiality; remaining calm and composed in difficult situations; prioritizing and organizing to optimize available resources; adhering to policies and procedures and leading others by example. Demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare and the commitment to Extraordinary Care for Every Generation.
- Triages patients and patient phone calls per Covenant HealthCare policy and procedure.
- Obtains reason for patient visit and takes appropriate vital signs. Assists provider with procedures. Performs diagnostic procedures at the direction of the provider and completes controls as required by regulatory agencies. Coordinates x-rays, ultrasounds, labs, EKGs, etc., per physician standing order. Maintains medical records and clinical standards in compliance with regulatory agencies and Covenant HealthCare policies/procedures.
- Properly administers medications. Provides patient information regarding drug interactions. Follows regulations regarding narcotic storage and maintains medical inventory log. Assures medications have not expired.
- Assists patients in appropriate self-care techniques, providing pamphlets and instructions. Addresses patient questions and concerns following clinical protocols. Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to patient rights.
- Under the guidance of the Practice Manager, assists in maintaining all CLIA, OSHA, HFAP and Corporate Compliance regulations. Functions with an awareness of safety issues. Demonstrates awareness of confidentiality and legal issues in all aspects of patient care. Meets or exceeds all competency requirement expectations.
- High School diploma and/or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of a competency-based Medical Assistant (MA) training program required.
- In lieu of a MA program, a minimum of two (2) years recent physician office and/or direct care patient provider experience will be accepted.
- BCLS certification required (within 6 months of hire).
- Knowledge of medication side effects and how to effectively communicate to patients.
- Knowledge of proper release of information standards. Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer/typing skills
- Ability to properly obtain/perform the following: EKG, Tympanometry, TB testing, Waived lab testing, Vision testing, Vital signs, A.E.D use (Auto Ext. Defibrillator), BCLS (CPR.), Venipuncture technique of Specimen collections, Patient education.
- Ability to properly administer medications, including proper dosage, proper site and proper schedule.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful/difficult situations.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with the ADA, FMLA and other federal, state and local standards.
- Constant handling, feeling, talking, hearing, tasting, smelling and near vision.
- Frequent lifting 0-25 lbs.
- Frequent standing, walking, twisting, reaching, depth perception and field of vision.
- Occasional lifting 26-100 or more lbs.
- Occasional sitting, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, crawling and far vision.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenants premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.ny position with Covenant.
Apply on company website