As Senior Application Development Manager of Health Care Business (HCB) Member and Enrollment Commercial Systems, you will be responsible for application development and delivery for Member and Enrollment Core HCB Systems of CVS. The Application Development manager will be accountable for designing comprehensive solutions that meet business requirements while maintaining and moving the legacy systems to modern technologies. The position requires strong knowledge of the systems and data flows from Member Enrollment onboarding, ID cards, Individualization, and renewals, Extracts and reporting. A strong attention to detail, excellent communication skills and exceptional follow through will help this candidate be a success.
• Provides technical direction for the design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance of systems in delivering program work.
• Hands-on experience and knowledge HCB data and processes to direct teams in solutions.
• Solving issues by coordinating across cross-functional areas
• Planning processes, especially in translating business needs to IT solutions
• Guides the technical team in identification and resolution of Complex issues across multiple domains.
• Excellent organizational skills including ability to prioritize tasks efficiently with high level of attention to detail.
• Excellent oral and written communications skills; ability to interact effectively with all levels within the organization
• Experience in programming across multiple platforms.
• Works closely with project management to ensure alignment of plans with what is being delivered
• Strong interpersonal, teamwork, organizational and workload planning skills
• Experience in configuration management and software release principles as well as change management concepts
• Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities as well as exceptional customer service orientation
• Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through implementation and on-going support
• Experience in managing medium to large sized projects relating to the delivery of applications or application changes
• Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills
• Experience in leveraging Managed Services or 3rd party resources to meet application support requirements
• Lead the development team to set clear expectations of milestones and goals.
• Work effectively with and lead technical personnel (Development Team, Systems Analysts, Testers), and clearly translate business priorities and objectives into technical solutions.
• Participate in creating and reviewing architecture to create/provide inputs to architecture team through framework analysis, design patterns, prototype specifications.
• Perform high and low-level design, provide pseudo codes, implement the prototype, and conduct design reviews.
• Prioritization of effort to resolve the most critical tickets as per business requirements. Participate in activities related to estimation of work product to provide inputs for overall project estimation.
• Contribute to the delivery of high-quality code deliverables and supports peers in quality checks such that design requirements are met.
• Contribute to the creation of user documentations.
• Contribute to deployment plan and post-production support and coordinate with global teams for task completion.
• Conduct proof of concepts (POCs) as necessary.
• Conduct impact analysis of issues logged, prioritize, and ensure that production support is provided as per the committed SLAs.
• Identify quality goals and processes with the help from QA and prepare a comprehensive quality plan to ensure high quality delivery.
• Interface daily with cross functional team members within the Member teams and across the enterprise to resolve issues
• Represent Member in meetings for owned projects
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Aide in moving the needle with apps moving to Cloud, Adoption of Devops, increasing scalability and Performance of systems, adherence to Security issues (TLS, Cert upgrades, Supporting patches, other)
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 10+ years' experience working in a cross-functional environment
• 8+ years' experience in HCB systems.
• Working experience with Agile and SDLC methodology
• Ability to interact and work effectively with technical & non-technical levels within the organization
• Ability to drive clarity of purpose and goals during release and planning activities
• Healthcare experience
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website