The role of the Product Specialist is to provide exceptional customer service for full product selection of the Home Health Care (HHC) department products, communicate and collaborate with leaders and community to drive sales and grow overall Durable Medical Equipment (DME) business. This will allow the Product Specialist to deliver expertise through high-quality interactions regarding products and services and build loyalty while helping customers on their path to better health.
Responsibilities % Time
1. Customer Interaction
– Engage with customer proactively as they shop in the Health quadrant, HHC department, or from Pharmacy, Front Store, and Minute Clinic referral.
– Seek out customers and ensure they have an amazing experience through great service, including targeted and suggestive selling. Provide personalized service and build relationships with customers during their store visits and through subsequent follow-up contact.
– Inquire about individual customer needs for products.
– Provide differentiated service to customers or caregivers.
– Provide assistance regarding product selection in HHC department or Health quad.
– Educate customers on product specifications, comparison, benefits, use, and maintenance and recommend related products.
– Provide product fitting when applicable (e.g., compression or CPAP masks).
– Offer assembly where applicable and assist the customer with checkout.
– Special order products as appropriate or assist customer with expanded aisle online.
– Instruct customers through follow-up phone calls and in-person consultations regarding product use, maintenance, and troubleshooting. 60%
2. Department Maintenance
– Partner with quadrant owner to maintain inventory management of HHC department.
– Special order when needed.
– Ensure price changes are posted weekly.
– Maintain the department, products, fixtures, and consult area as clean and neat.
– Maintain supplies needed for outreach and consult area.
– Check Email, Phone, and Voicemail twice daily.
– Refresh planograms as required 10%
3. Community Outreach
– Complete community outreach weekly to nearby provider offices, CVS locations both in person and over the phone to build relationships and share product offerings.
– Collaborate with other team members including pharmacy staff, and other front store providers where applicable to holistically help customers and caregivers with product referrals or needs. 20%
4. Communication and Follow-up
– Communicate with Field Management and Corporate Health Services team.
– Act on sales and customer feedback reporting to improve customer interaction and increase sales.
– Ensure compliance with federal and state laws, rules and regulations and CVS policy and procedures.
– Communicate with customer while protecting their confidential health information according to HIPAA.
– Partner with and reports to Market Lead for continued development including trainings and feedback on service and sales building results.
– Must have flexible work availability to meet the needs of customers. 10%
1. Outstanding customer service focus and experience in sales
2. Ability to adapt to customer or caregiver needs, in a fast-paced retail work environment.
3. Confidence to speak with customers regarding sensitive and confidential topics.
4. Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Strong influencing and sales-building skills.
7. Desire to learn and apply information provided in company and vendor trainings, policies, and procedures.
8. Working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, and Office Suite.
9. Capacity to communicate professionally over the telephone.
10. Heavy lifting, standing, bending, sitting, and prolonged walking.
1. Knowledge and experience in home health care, DME product sales, or related health care field.
2. Proficiency in use and maintenance of sleep apnea equipment.
3. Experience working in an independent DME or pharmacy setting.
Verifiable High School diploma or GED is required.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you'll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website