CVS Clinical Trial Recruitment partners with leading global biopharma clients to deliver qualified patients into ongoing pharmaceutical clinical trials in order to improve and accelerate clinical research for drug and vaccine development. The Lead Data Scientist develops various data science models and build feature banks for an industry-leading patient recruitment and engagement platform product. The Lead Data Scientist will:
• Translated business problem into modeling approach taking into account business requirements, data availability, development time / complexity and ability to scale
• Prepare data for the analysis, in particular work with data engineering team to create modeling dataset, assess completeness and quality of data and perform feature engineering
• Develop machine learning, statistical or optimization models taking into account latest development in research and tech community
• Work with data engineering team to scale and productionalize machine learning model in Clinical Recruitment Platform (CRP)
• Work with business partners to design implementation and measurement approach
• 5+ years of data science experience in business setting including collaborating with business partners to understand problems, gather business requirements, design data science models and communicate results and insights back to business partners
• Translate complex business problems into analytical and modeling problems, design and implement machine learning and optimization model and quality check results and link them to business insights
• Write scalable, production level code
• Communicate well with business partners and data engineering team and create buy-in for new ideas and models
• Understand the impact and value of machine learning and optimization model in the Clinical Recruitment Platform and product offering and come up with innovative ways to expand current functionality
• Operate in a complex, cross-functional organization or company where your teams need to collaborate and integrate with other business and IT teams
• Data management and model productionalization best practices
• Modern machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques
• Common modeling tools and frameworks, e.g. Python, R, Scala, TensorFlow, etc
• Knowledge of healthcare space and clinical trial space
• Experience in large scale Snowflake or Spark product/solution implementation
BS degree required. Advanced degree in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering or related field preferred.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website