The Clinical Analytics Team creates innovative analytic tools to drive better healthcare outcomes. This position supports the development and implementation of analytic capabilities that enhance the impact of Aetna's care management programs, including creation of predictive models and machine learning/deep learning algorithms to identify care opportunities, A/B testing of intervention strategies, prioritization of clinical recommendations, and optimization of information delivery. Collaborates with other data scientists within the Analytics organization and supports a wide range of business partners. Participates in all phases of initiatives from exploration of clinical opportunities, development of solutions, and partnering with IT and business teams for implementation. This position will participate in the impact assessment of implemented initiatives.
• Develops, validates and executes algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions
• Explores, examines and interprets large volumes of data in various forms
• Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve moderately complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques, machine learning algorithms, and mathematical analyses
• Develops data structures and pipelines to organize, collect and standardize data that helps generate insights and addresses reporting needs
• Uses data visualization techniques to effectively communicate analytical results and support business decisions
• Creates and evaluates the data needs of assigned projects and assures the integrity of the data
• Explores existing data and recommends additional sources of data for improvements
• Coordinates complex projects with other analysts and data engineers, including developing roadmap objectives, data preparation, tracking progress, and summarizing results
• Provides mentorship and coaching to more junior analysts
• 3+ years of progressively complex related experience in healthcare data analytics
• Demonstrates proficiency in statistical analyses, machine learning and predictive modeling. In-depth expertise in multiple areas.
• Expertise in using R or Python to manipulate large data sets and develop statistical models
• Expertise in data management in a Hadoop environment, including use of Hive
• Knowledge of health care industry
• Excellent problem-solving skills, critical thinking and conceptual thinking abilities
• Strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
• Master's degree required
• PhD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website