We are looking for a Sr. Quality Assurance Lab Technician to join a new Microbiology Laboratory with CVS Health! In the Sr. Quality Assurance Lab Technician role, you will assist with the development of a brand new Microbiology laboratory that will support multiple facilities across the country producing aseptically-produced sterile compounds. Your team will monitor a national operation providing specialty home infusion care to over 40,000 patients per month!
As a Sr. Quality Assurance Lab Technician, you will be responsible for generating, documenting, and analyzing the microbiological testing performed within the laboratory and using existing procedures to solve routine problems, analyze information, and make judgments.
* Receives and handles microbiological samples – incubation, examination, and documentation.
* Performs peer review of data, evaluates results, analyzes data, and initiates investigations.
* Communicates with Manager, Supervisor, and/or peers providing data analyzes, results, and suggestions for course of action.
* Plans and coordinates assigned research projects to develop more efficient laboratory procedures such as new analytical or production methods.
* Maintains knowledge within field of responsibility and applies new technology to work.
* Understands and evaluates information to determine compliance with standards.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Minimum two years experience working in a microbiology or related laboratory.
* Ability to apply sound scientific principles and critical thinking to solve problems and suggest solutions.
* Ability to work within established procedures and practices, as well as the ability apply alternative scientific methods and/or procedures and make scientific conclusions.
* Effective verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong organizational skills and attention to details.
* Ability to effectively work in a team or independently as assigned.
* Experience Quality Assurance and/or Quality Control
* Pharmaceutical Microbiology Experience
* Experience working within regulated guidelines
* Bachelor's degree in Microbiology or other related science. Will consider a combination of education and extensive experience in lieu of a degree.
It's a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation's premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we're pioneering a bold new approach to total health. Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT. We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team. Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.
Apply on company website