DEA's Woodinville, WA office is searching for a Civil Engineer-in-Training (EIT) to support our Land Development Business Unit who under immediate supervision of assigned Project Engineer(s), will perform work in support of a variety of residential and commercial land development projects. As part of a design team, will contribute to the development of stormwater management, utility and roadway designs, including construction documents and all supporting documentation.
Other duties include:
- Analyze reports, maps, drawings, tests, and aerial photographs to ascertain soil composition, terrain, hydrologic characteristics, and other site topographic and geologic conditions to help develop storm water management strategies.
- Perform field reconnaissance to assess downstream systems and existing site conditions.
- Use computer assisted engineering and design software to prepare engineering designs, perform hydrologic modeling and evaluate hydraulic performance.
- Prepares technical reports, calculations, specifications and details for assigned design elements.
- Obtain as-builts, design standards, applications and other information from permitting agencies essential for evaluating project feasibility and assembling necessary submittal packages.
- Coordinate with Project Engineer, engineering designers, cad technicians and other project team members to integrate assigned design elements into design documents.
- Perform other duties as needed or assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- Passed the Fundamentals of Engineering (FE) or Engineer-in-Training (EIT) exam
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Computer skills including Word and Excel, knowledge and experience with Civil 3D
- Knowledge and experience with Microstation not mandatory, but definite a plus
- Knows and can apply advanced math concepts and operations
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off(PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Land Development Jobs with DEA:
Dave Evans built a successful professional services consulting firm based on his skill in designing residential communities. Since 1976, DEA has been recognized for preparing innovative designs that balance growth with environmental sensitivity. Today, our land development experts not only thoughtfully design residential communities, we find workable, creative solutions for complex land development projects, including industrial and transit-oriented development; commercial, retail, and entertainment projects; parks and recreation facilities; streetscapes; and master planned communities. DEA also excels at redevelopment. Converting blighted industrial areas into attractive mixed-use communities, mineral extraction sites into clean industry locations, and industrial waterfronts into gathering places are the kind of projects that speak to DEA's core purpose of improving the quality of life while demonstrating stewardship of the built and natural environments.
Apply on company website