DEA's Land Development Business Unit is looking for an experienced Project Manager that also has an interest in handling the business unit operations. The Land Development Operations Leader / Project Manager will be responsible for overseeing business unit project financial performance, conducting project reviews and monitoring quality compliance as well as serving as a Project Manager. The expectation is this position will spend 60% of the time as Project Manager and 40% in the operations role. This position can be located in Portland, OR, Bellevue, WA, Denver, CO or one of our Greater Los Angeles, CA offices.
Operations Leader responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for proactively monitoring project performance and conducting monthly reviews with project managers for the entire business unit.
- Coaches business unit project managers to ensure successful project financial performance.
- Works closely with business unit Client Team Leaders to also ensure client profitability.
- Oversees all business unit project financial performance including monitoring and preventing project write-offs, advanced bill pickups, and approving monthly invoice unbilling.
- Has project set up oversight including making project set up exceptions for the business unit.
- Manages project manager certification, the project manager program and quality management program for the business unit.
- Makes recommendations to the business unit Market Leaders for management of underperforming project managers as it relates to project performance.
Project Manager responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for assisting in the overall management of a project, including supervision and oversight, plan and report preparation, permitting, preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules, and maintaining positive client and staff relationships.
- Serve as point of contact for clients on projects and provide overall technical design leadership to ensure client expectations are met for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Provide technical reviews, develop quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects, demonstrate planning skills, design and construction schedule, and development of cost estimating and project budgets.
- Optimize project execution to ensure successful financial performance.
- Assure compliance with municipal codes and design criteria.
- Model DEA's culture of effective communication, clarity of expectations, accountability, creativity, collaboration and trust.
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineer or related field, Landscape Architecture, or Urban and Regional Planning
- 10+ years' experience with land/site development projects with at least 5 as a project manager
- Strong operations, project, contract, budget/financial management experience
- Professional Engineering License (PE)
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Land Development Jobs with DEA:
Dave Evans built a successful professional services consulting firm based on his skill in designing residential communities. Since 1976, DEA has been recognized for preparing innovative designs that balance growth with environmental sensitivity. Today, our land development experts not only thoughtfully design residential communities, we find workable, creative solutions for complex land development projects, including industrial and transit-oriented development; commercial, retail, and entertainment projects; parks and recreation facilities; streetscapes; and master planned communities. DEA also excels at redevelopment. Converting blighted industrial areas into attractive mixed-use communities, mineral extraction sites into clean industry locations, and industrial waterfronts into gathering places are the kind of projects that speak to DEA's core purpose of improving the quality of life while demonstrating stewardship of the built and natural environments.
Potential office locations include: Portland, OR; Denver, CO; Bellevue, WA; Woodinville, WA; Tacoma, WA; Los Angeles, CA; Santa Clarita, CA; Tustin, CA; Ontario, CA.
Apply on company website