DEA is hiring a Senior Bridge Engineer for our Seattle area (Seattle, Bellevue or Olympia) offices to provide a lead technical role on bridge design projects. The successful candidate will perform structural analysis and design of highway bridges, elevated light-rail transit structures, earth retaining structures, and culverts, and assist with other heavy civil structural designs. This person will have the opportunity to help shape the growth of DEA's rapidly-growing structural bridge group in the Puget Sound Region. Qualified candidates will have experience that includes planning, design, and preparation of construction drawings and contract documents for bridge projects. The ideal candidate will also have experience with small to medium sized conventional (design-bid-build) and alternative delivery (design-build, CM/GC) projects. Qualified candidates will have a working knowledge of AASHTO Design and Construction Specifications, the WSDOT BDM and the WSDOT GDM. This role includes preparation of: advance planning studies; structural type selection reports; and final design, plans, specifications, and estimates. Typical projects will include: reinforced concrete, precast pre-stressed concrete, cast-in-place post-tensioned concrete, and steel girder bridges; retaining and sound walls; and culvert and fish passage improvements.
The qualified candidate must be comfortable providing technical expertise and direction to other team members and serving as the client point of contact. This role may additionally involve business development support to the bridge team leader. We are looking for an individual with strong written and verbal communication skills and a proven ability to lead projects and teams. This individual must be energetic, self-directed, and success focused.
Primary duties include:
- Leading structural highway, transit, and/or other transportation engineering projects;
- Preparing and monitoring work plans, scopes, schedules, and budgets;
- Providing ownership of project execution including general oversight, project management, project implementation, and ensuring the quality and proper documentation of work products;
- Being responsible for all technical aspects of the design and deliverable including QA/QC;
- Writing and coordinating bridge-related technical proposals.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Structural Engineering;
- At least 10 years of bridge engineering experience;
- Currently licensed Washington State Structural Engineer (SE) or the ability to obtain within 6 months;
- Transportation infrastructure structural design experience, including seismic design experience;
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team environment;
- Proficiency in current structural design software applications, with an emphasis on specific bridge design software
- Knowledge of AASHTO bridge design standards;
- Ability to work independently, strong interpersonal, negotiating, problem-solving, and analytical skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to market DEA structural engineering services directly to potential clients.
- Master's Degree in Structural Engineering;
- Experience with Washington State Department of Transportation (WSDOT) bridge projects;
- Experience with Sound Transit structural projects;
- Prior consulting experience and established client and agency contacts;
- Understanding and application of new technologies and innovative structural engineering techniques;
- Proficiency in current structural design software applications, with an emphasis on bridge design software, such as CSiBridge, MidasCivil, , PGSuper, Conspan, LPile, and FB Multi-Pier.
- Proficiency with MathCAD and Microsoft Office applications, including Excel and Word;
- Knowledgeable in drafting software applications such as Microstation, AutoCAD and Civil 3D;
- Bridge inspection and load rating experience;
- Structural rehabilitation experience.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five practices: Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Smart Mobility, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering. This position may be based in either the Transit and Rail or the Smart Mobility practice.
Potential office locations include: Bellevue, WA; Seattle, WA; Olympia, WA.
Apply on company website