Diversity and Inclusion Statement Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds, and experiences are welcome and supported.
The Manager, Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) assists the AVP, Risk Management in the development of the University's risk management framework. The individual will implement and maintain that framework by partnering with the academic and business units to identify, assess, aggregate, and mitigate exposures of key and emerging risks.
This is a Hybrid position with both remote work and a minimal on-campus working environment.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Assist the AVP, Risk Management in the governance and maintenance of the University's ERM program. Inform the AVP, Risk Management of emerging risks and gaps in mitigation for current risks. Benchmark promising ERM practices in higher education and advise on ERM framework and process enhancements.
- Manage the ERM team members (self and senior analyst) in the planning, work assignments, and reporting for Ethics and Compliance projects, including following up on assigned actions, resolving issues, tracking progress, and evaluating analyst's performance.
- Provide staff support to the University's ERM governance, including recruiting membership, coordinating and preparing comprehensive reports for each governance meeting, and overseeing the implementation of all ERM governance's projects and directives.
- Develops collaborative relationships with various levels of management across the company to build and maintain risk management ownership and accountability. Compile and disseminate the university's annual enterprise risk assessment by tracking emerging risks, interviewing leadership for top-down risk assessments, and collaborating with bottoms-up functional risk owners on mitigation strategies.
- Continuously seeks to improve ongoing ERM practices in identifying, prioritizing, assessing, monitoring, and reporting on risks and mitigation strategies across the university. Implement ERM projects per departmental plans.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, risk management, or a related field.
- 5+ years' experience in risk management or a related field.
- 2+ years of successful experience managing project teams.
- Master's degree or graduate-level coursework.
- Experience working and implementing key risk frameworks such as COSO, ISO, or NIST.
- Experience in higher education.
- Associate in Risk Management (ARM) Designation or RIMS-Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMS-CRMP) certification.
- Supervise one Senior Risk Analyst.
- Help monitor/manage departmental resources to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Strong analytical skills and proficiency with quantitative analysis tools.
- Excellent written, presentation, and communication capabilities including the ability to translate complex concepts into relevant and understandable content for faculty, staff, and leadership.
- Strong management, relationship building, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office. Experience utilizing GRC tools preferred.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with a high degree of discretion.
For consideration, please include a resume and cover letter. Salary & Benefits Package: DePaul offers a comprehensive package including competitive pay and benefits to attract and retain the best talent in order to further the University's mission. For more information, please visit the following pages: Full-Time Benefits
Required Background Check:
Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages:
Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website