The Highlights: Reporting to the Executive Director of the Keeley Center, the Program Manager will be focused on developing, supporting and raising awareness of the work of the Keeley Center and the Keeley Academy including assisting with strategic planning, program development, conference and event planning, external and internal marketing and communications, student mentoring and advising, industry partner outreach/development, internship and fulltime job placement, alumni engagement, and fundraising. The Program Manager manages Center and Academy day to day operations and ensures compliance with all applicable DePaul policies and procedures. The Program Manager supports the work of the Executive Director and Academic Director of the Keeley Center and oversees and coordinates the Center and Academy student workers and volunteers.
What You'll Do:
- Manage day to day operations for the Keeley Center/Keeley Academy. Lead planning, promotion, logistical coordination, content and execution of all Center conferences and workshops, all Academy co-curricular programming (weekly events, year-end recognition ceremony, etc.), and all advisory board meetings. Coordinate interviewing and networking workshops, Meet the Firm events, internship and fulltime job opportunities with industry partners. Help to source and coordinate industry practitioners in support of Keeley events and programming. Track progress of Academy students and provides regular mentoring/advising. Coordinate/facilitate effective mentoring program for Academy students involving alumni, industry practitioners, upper classmen, and DE&I student intern. Interact with Advancement as relates to existing and potential donors, providing input and developing written content as needed. Maintain agreed upon metrics to track results and outcomes.
- Plan and direct the recruitment, application, interviewing, admission, and onboarding of prospective students into the Keeley Academy; effectively represents the Keeley Center/Keeley Academy to prospective students; build and maintain effective networks across industry with regular interaction; provide administrative and logistical support for new Keeley Alumni initiatives. Maintain up to date data base of all Keeley alumni and students.
- Supervise and train student workers in the Keeley Center, as applicable, including liaison with department marketing team for marketing and communication efforts (Center content creation, social media, pod casts, public relations materials, and other related communication efforts). Help to ensure Center and Academy's internal and external marketing and communication meets industry standards.
- Interact on behalf of the Center and Academy with various student organizations e-boards and faculty/staff advisors, as well as Finance and Real Estate faculty and staff, to promote Keeley Center/Academy events, to ensure programming between the Center and Academy and student organizations is seamless and coordinated, and to raise awareness of Keeley Academy to prospective students.
- As applicable and appropriate, coordinate paid student workers and other volunteers to execute conference events, student recruitment, academy programming, Meet the Firms, alumni events, etc.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the annual budget. Interface between Keeley Center/Academy vendors and Department to ensure timely information flow and payment support.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- 2 to 3 years program/project administration or other relevant experience.
- BSc/BA in management, public relations, communications, or relevant fields
- 1 to 2 years working in an academic environment.
- Experience in copywriting and editing.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), presentation skills, team coordination and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organizational and planning abilities.
- Solid understanding of project management principals.
- Strong interpersonal skills and desire to establish and develop relationships with key industry personnel (senior leadership, human resources/recruiting) and students.
- Strong creative and technical marketing and communication skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office 365, Teams, and web-based marketing platforms like Constant Contact and Eventbrite.
- Capacity to hold others accountable and responsible.
- Ability to prioritize and resolve conflict.
- Strives for excellence.
Will be required to work in the evenings as appropriate for Keeley Center conferences and board meetings, as well as weekly Academy programming and Meet the Firm events.
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
Required Background Check:Employment at DePaul University is contingent on passing a background check. Only final candidates who are extended an offer of employment will undergo a background check.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email email@example.com.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website