The Course Reserves & Copyright Supervisor (CRC Supervisor) provides circulation services to students, faculty and other library users. The CRC Supervisor manages faculty course reserves processing, including serving as the primary faculty contact for course reserves for assigned colleges and working with various library departments to ensure faculty course reserves requests are fulfilled. The CRC Supervisor supervises copyright clearance and compliance for Access Services workflows within the library. The CRC Supervisor assists in the responsibility of supervision (including task delegation) of Access Services student staff when the CRC Supervisor is the senior staff member on duty in the department.
What You'll Do:
Provides circulation desk services (directional assistance, general library material borrowing, print course reserves access, facilitate I-share and interlibrary loan request pick-up from the hold shelf, equipment and loanable technology lending, copy / print / scan station assistance, and general study room reservation assistance) to students, faculty and other library users
Serving as the senior member, and in collaboration with the other members of the course reserves team, manages faculty course reserves processing; including serving as the primary faculty contact for course reserves for assigned colleges, working with acquisitions, cataloging, and digital services staff to request the purchase of materials for the library collection and digitize media for faculty course reserves fulfillment.
Maintains an awareness of best practices in copyright for academic libraries for informing Access Services workflows and works in consultation with the Access Services Coordinator and the Office of General Counsel (OGC) to clarify policies and procedures in fulfilling patron requests; including obtaining permissions and exceptions for Faculty course reserves and Interlibrary Loan under copyright law and fair use guidelines.
Manages reservations for the use of library space, including reviewing and approving room reservation requests, and working in consultation with the Access Services Coordinator and Library Administration to revise and clarify room usage policies and procedures as needed.
Maintains and updates the Access Services department wiki and web page.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- Two years of library experience, preferably in course reserve or access services.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work with faculty, students, and staff.
- Knowledge of copyright and fair use guidelines or equivalent education required.
- Experience with reserves software and service models.
- Must be able to spend extended periods standing or sitting. Visual acuity, hand-eye coordination, and motor skills sufficient to use a computer, copy machine, and other office equipment.
- Working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and Outlook required.
- Ability to type using a PC with accuracy.
- Ability to interpret bibliographic data accurately.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills to communicate with faculty, students and a wide range of other library patrons.
- Ability to work independently and with a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to operate office equipment including photocopiers and scanners
- May be required to work evening and weekend hours and travel between DePaul University campuses (Loop and Lincoln Park).
- Working for a stable and well-known University that values diversity and inclusion.
- Top choice medical, dental, and vision benefits.
- Retirement plan matching contribution of 10%.
- Tuition waivers for employees and dependents.
- Generous paid time off, sick time, holidays, floating holidays, and more!
- Full-Time Benefits
- Part-Time Benefits
Diversity and Inclusion Statement:
Guided by an ethic of Vincentian personalism and professionalism, DePaul compassionately upholds the dignity of all members of its diverse, multi-faith, and inclusive community. We seek to hire collaborative, open-minded, and dedicated professionals who are committed to advancing our university mission to making education accessible to all, with special attention to including underserved and underrepresented communities. Successful candidates thrive in an environment where ideas and perspectives representing a wide variety of cultures, backgrounds and experiences are welcome and supported.
Required COVID-19 Vaccination: Employment at DePaul University is contingent upon receiving all recommended doses of the COVID-19 vaccine, including the booster, or having a valid religious or medical reason not to be vaccinated. To request a religious or medical exemption, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Mandated Reporting of Child Abuse & Neglect: Upon accepting an offer of employment with the university, you will also be required to sign an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status at the time of hire. A mandated reporter is required to make a report to the Illinois DCFS Hotline whenever there is reasonable cause to believe that a child known to them in their professional or official capacity may be abused or neglected. For more information, please visit the following pages: Illinois Department of Children & Family Services (DCFS)
Illinois Abused and Neglected Child Reporting Act
Title IX Contact Information
Federal Title IX policy requires that all colleges and universities make known the contact information for the person responsible for coordinating its efforts to comply with Title IX responsibilities. The Title IX Office is on the Lincoln Park campus on the 3rd floor of the Student Center, 2250 N. Sheffield Avenue. The Title IX Office can be reached at 312-362-8970 or email@example.com.
DePaul University is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information or any other legally protected status, in accordance with applicable federal, state and local EEO laws.
Apply on company website