Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Oversees receiving or shipping functions. Assists in creating a strong work team and helps resolve employee relations issues.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews reports to determine required changes to meet future needs (i.e., week, month).
- Partners with management and non-management team to identify root causes for gaps using feedback from employee discussions and analyses of historical and future planning data reports.
- Reviews current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions and makes recommendations based on findings.
- Participates on distribution center management team; develops action plans for conducting internal analyses and gap identification.
- Conducts daily status meetings with management team to review prior day's performance and to develop action plan for current day.
- Leads development of and communicates Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or area identified for improvement.
- Conducts observations to identify areas for change; conducts analyses to develop action plans to address operational and employee gaps.
- Leads inbound or outbound team in goals and measurement development and implementation.
- Reviews the strategic goals of the inbound or outbound area and sets performance goals.
- Monitors department budget on a monthly basis; assists in development of budget for inbound or outbound functions.
- Conducts weekly staffing reviews with Operations Manager and Human Resources to determine appropriate staffing levels for inbound or outbound departments.
- Communicates with company carrier regarding store loads and backhauls
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Strong analytical and math skills; strong attention to detail.
- Good (Strong) oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of human resource practices and OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Proficiency in Excel and Word; experienced with general software applications.
- Familiarity with Warehouse Management System functionality.
- Planning and forecasting skills.
- Team problem-solving skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Five years minimum experience in distribution, logistics and management.
- Experience in warehouse management systems and RTS applications preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center preferred.
- College degree in business.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to dust and noise.
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website