Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Manages and administers the overall inventory control, inventory flow, and inventory accuracy processes for the distribution center. Responsible for the analysis and publication of inventory reports in addition to measuring and monitoring the cycle counting program.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains/exceeds all inventory accuracy goals
- Publishes reports, analyzes data, tracks performance by area, and determines problems and root causes; communicates results and recommends appropriate action.
- Coordinates all functions of the statistical-based cycle counting and estimated statistical sampling
- Maintains system data integrity.
- Ensures that date-sensitive products are checked for expiration, quantities are correct, and exceptions are handled for timely movement of goods.
- Sets up and/or changes the stock keeping unit (SKU) in the strategic pick location.
- Ensures all cycle counts are scheduled and counting is completed timely, accurately, and in compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Performs process or system testing as required to ensure accurate adjustments and program measurement.
- Leads Mid-Year and Year End Inventory reconciliation processes
- Monitors and maintains proper documentation for “Return to Vendor” product.
- Develop budget and monitor expenses
- Analyze data to determine trends and staffing requirements
- Monitor processes for Customs and S.O.P compliances
- Monitor transfer process to ensure variances are resolved
- Ensure that vendor Non-Compliance issues are reported to the Import Group with supporting documentation.
- Ensure the destruction of merchandise is secured an inventoried for accuracy and Customs compliance.
- Monitor and maintain adequate trailer pool
- Ensure that containers are unloaded in a timely manner to eliminate detention charges
- Ensure timely delivery of imports items to all DC's
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Two years' experience in inventory control systems.
- Thorough knowledge of distribution center operations preferred
- Through knowledge of customs regulations preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- May be exposed to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for extended periods of time.
Apply on company website