Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16 distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let's grow together!
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Automated distribution center experience preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
- Exposure to dust and noise
- Exposure to extreme heat and cold, including freezers, coolers and refrigerators for long periods of time
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website