Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Supporting Transportation Operations and controlling the flow of merchandise to Dollar General stores and inbound to our distribution centers. Responsible for the development and execution of shipment plans to meet internal customer requirements and directing transportation providers and 3rd party operators to ensure the timely and cost-effective delivery, administration and performance monitoring of transportation services. Supports transportation improvement projects focused on lowering logistics costs, process improvements and delivering customer service excellence.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Optimize, plan and route store orders and inbound vendor purchase orders to ensure efficient and timely product flow.
- Provide resolution and for routing exceptions and delays.
- Monitor transportation systems and reports for discrepancies and incomplete activity in support of Operations team and direct carrier partners in required remedies.
- Proactively updates internal customers on delayed shipments or vendor issues.
- Participate on cross functional projects supporting improvements to the overall performance of the company.
Operational and Financial Administration
- Administer freight pay and manual invoice processes.
- Leverage chargeback system to identify and address vendor deficiencies.
- Utilize claims procedures to recover transportation dollars and payables related to merchandise / structure / equipment claims.
- Accountable for relevant transportation input into SOPs and ensuring they are kept up to date.
- Conduct audits validating compliance to DG processes.
Analytics and Reporting
- Analyze carrier and vendor performance data to identify service issues and make recommendations to deliver improvements.
- Report on daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators.
- Ensure all data provided by vendors and 3rd party providers is timely and accurate.
- Tracks DG assets (trailers, rolltainers, etc.) and updates the appropriate systems
- Provides ad-hoc reporting and analysis which will drive improvement to KPS's
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Demonstrated competency with transportation management systems (TMS) and related processes.
- Strong ability to effectively communicate with both internal and external partners.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Working knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts.
- General business acumen.
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload in order to meet deadlines.
- Ability to be a team player and customer service driven.
- Exhibits initiative and willingness to learn and adapt to new processes or work content.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations Management or Supply Chain/Logistics required. Prior experience in a customer service environment and working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications required. Experience in retail transportation or with a carrier preferred.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website