DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
RN Care Navigator - Full Time
Accountable Care Organization (ACO)
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center
Idaho Falls, Idaho
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as an RN Care Navigator.
Questions? Contact Karen Nay, recruiter at Karen.Nay@hcahealthcare.com or call/text at (385) 237-7440.
At HCA Healthcare we offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment.
As an RN Care Navigator, you will be accountable for assuring a high standard of quality and coordination of care, in support of the Accountable Care Organization(ACO). You will work in an advisory capacity to the ACO participation physician practices, creating and monitoring standards of care and managing high-risk, multi-morbidity patient populations. In this role:
- You will aid in the development and facilitation of the Transitional Care Management Program and conduct outbound calls to patients recently discharged from the hospital/ER to ensure appropriate follow-up with primary care providers.
- You will aid in the development and facilitation of the Chronic Care Management Program.
- You will conduct outreach and follow-up on patients identified as high or medium-risk with quality gaps scores and gaps in care.
- You will provide patient education relative to navigating the health care system and community resources.
- You will collaborate with providers and practice teams to communicate patients' needs and develop solutions to overcome barriers.
- You will maintain a case load of patients requiring care navigation support from multiple provder practices and document as appropriate in individual practice EMR's.
This is an office-based position with moderate travel required to meet ACO physician practices as part of relationship building and collaboration encompassing patient care coordination.
The largest medical facility in the region, Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) includes a full-service hospital with 318 patient beds. It serves as the region's healthcare hub, serving southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park and parts of Montana. EIRMC is home to a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (of only two in Idaho), and the only Burn Center in the state of Idaho. Our ER is the most experienced in the region. The hospital's other specialty services include the region's only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit capable of caring for babies born as early as 22 weeks gestation; the region's only Pediatric Intensive Unit, the largest heart program in the region, a Behavioral Health Center which is a74-bed Joint Commission accredited psychiatric hospital and the region's only Primary Stroke Center.
EIRMC is part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA and EIRMC are all about caring for people, and that care extends to patients, families and our colleagues.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our managers. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing as a Registered Nurse coupled with 5 years of health care experience in primary care, care management/coordination or other related field. Commensurate experience in public health, social services or other health care field may take the place of this requirement.
- Competence in the ability to utilize critical thinking skills to effectively triage patients
- Strong computer literacy skills, particularly related to Microsoft applications Word, Access, Visio, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Comfort with exploring and learning to use new or unfamiliar applications or databases.
- Working knowledge of health information technology
- Clinically able to identify population health needs and recommend practices or initiatives to manage population
- Commitment to collaboration, professionalism, and effective communication in all interactions with internal staff, physicians, patients, caregivers and community stakeholders
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website