Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity.The Plant Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operations and maintenance of natural gas amine treating plants, compressors and pipeline systems via both computer control center and onsite operations. Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Operate a natural gas cryogenic plant and pipeline equipment including, but not limited to: amine treating plants, chilled water gas conditioning skids, electric natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, gas measurement equipment, etc.
- Operate plant equipment & system.
- Start-up/Shutdown of plant equipment.
- Adjust controls to operate equipment in the recommended or prescribed operating ranges.
- Visually inspect equipment and controls at periodic intervals to detect malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- De-pressure equipment and pipelines.
- Operate valves.
- Monitor plant and pipeline operations and respond to emergency or upset conditions.
- Operate under Process Safety Management (PSM) as required.
- Implement safe work practices and participate in proactive safety culture while ensuring safety for the employee, public and environment at all times.
- Monitor gas gathering system through SCADA and make calls to alert customers of situations that could affect gas deliveries.
- Ensure regulatory compliance and record keeping requirements are met and continually monitored.
- Read, monitor and record various operating conditions such as pressure, temperature, hours of operations, fuel consumed, water levels, etc.
- Perform minor maintenance on equipment including, but not limited to: reciprocating natural gas compressors, TEG dehydrators, fluid separation equipment, valves, etc.
- Monitor, remove and replace filters, oil, chemicals, other lubricating fluids, gaskets, and valves as needed.
- Change gauges.
- Maintain sites in a clean condition including picking up/taking out trash, control weeds and grassy areas, minor painting, etc.
- Clean out site glasses as necessary.
- Change out suction/discharge valves on natural gas compressors, light bulbs, and fuses.
- Improve upon meeting the needs and demands of customers.
- Maintain a near perfect driving record.
- Direct and supervise contract labor involved in plant maintenance activities.
- Collaborate with direct supervisor on new and improved ideas associated with an evolving plant and pipeline system.
- Work a rotating 12 hour shift schedule.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Technical certification or equivalent training in a mechanical environment or energy related field is preferred.
- A valid driver's license with acceptable driving record is required.
- Knowledge of the operation, control and general design of various kinds of systems typically present in a processing or fractionation plant is required.
- The ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, such as, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions is required.
- Basic computer skills such as: opening, creating and updating content in MS Word documents and Excel spreadsheets is required.
- Ability to assume responsibility, be flexible, perform duties and handle multiple tasks under potentially stressful and/or hazardous conditions.
- The ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, with other individuals, teams, customers, and stakeholders of the business, at various levels of the organization, in a business like and professional manner is required.
- The ability to modify communication style in order to influence, persuade, negotiate, and engage all parties according to the audience and circumstance is required.
- Takes initiative and is proactive in addressing issues. Quickly and efficiently completes tasks.
- The ability to demonstrate conscientiousness, dependability and commitment to the role, team and company.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment with less definition, policy, and bureaucracy.
- Works indoors and outdoors in and around industrial and electrical equipment.
- Works in temperature extremes due to weather conditions and operating equipment.
- Uses physical force to lift, push, pull and hold equipment and tools.
- Climbs and works at various heights and may work in a standing, sitting, lying down, crouched or kneeling position.
- Routinely reacts to visual, aural and other signals, including alarms and instructions, and is required to visually inspect work.
- May work in confined spaces (i.e. tanks, between compressors, vessels).
- Must be able to regularly bend, stoop, move from ground level to higher levels, raise/lift from ground level and lift up to 50 lbs., manually transport a load up to 75 lbs., apply up to 100 foot pounds of torque.
- Must have ability to get in and out of vehicles regularly and ride over rough roads.
- Must live within 1 hour response time of plant.
Apply on company website