Enterprise Products Partners L.P. is one of the largest publicly traded partnerships and a leading North American provider of midstream energy services to producers and consumers of natural gas, NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals. Our services include: natural gas gathering, treating, processing, transportation and storage; NGL transportation, fractionation, storage and import and export terminals; crude oil gathering, transportation, storage and terminals; petrochemical and refined products transportation, storage and terminals; and a marine transportation business that operates primarily on the United States inland and Intracoastal Waterway systems. The partnership's assets include approximately 50,000 miles of pipelines; 260 million barrels of storage capacity for NGLs, crude oil, refined products and petrochemicals; and 14 billion cubic feet of natural gas storage capacity. Tap into the professional possibilities of the largest publicly traded energy partnership that features one of the most diversified cash flow streams in the midstream segment of the energy industry. With dynamic career opportunities and a creative and supportive environment, our unique midstream energy organization offers the chance to share and be recognized for your ideas. Join our team and increase your opportunities for success.
The Operations Supervisor's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Leads, directs, and trains an empowered combined Technical/Mechanical/Operation Team by communicating common goals, strategies, plans, defined tasks, and results of our unit's performance.
- Supervises all employees assigned to a defined geographic/operating Area, comprised of multiple locations. Is responsible for the overall leadership of the Area through planning, organizing, directing, coordinating, and evaluating personnel assigned to the operating Area.
- Ensures all employees are provided the opportunity for training to maximize their capabilities and in some cases will provide the training.
- Responsible for appraisal of employee performance, rewarding and disciplinary actions of employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Organizes and coordinates team planning meetings to discuss upcoming projects, plan and prioritize work in a safe and efficient manner, and to maximize our manpower to complete projects.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and procedures.
- Interfaces with EHS&T, Engineering, Commercial and Pipeline Control team members to ensure normal operations are maintained, and projects are completed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Provides operations and maintenance input to internal stakeholders for integrity, optimization and business development projects.
- Provides first response in emergency situations and coordinates emergency response of company personnel to minimize impact to the environment and ensure safety to the general public.
- Acts as Incident Commander for OPA 90 spill response plans and provide the media with approved press releases or statements.
- Plans, prepares and administrates the Expense and Capital budgets that support Enterprise's business plan.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations including Department of Transportation, Environmental Protection Agency, OSHA Oil Pollution Act 1990.
- Other responsibilities as required by the Manager.
The successful candidate will meet the following qualifications:
- High level of knowledge in the technical, mechanical, and operational skills required to effectively and efficiently operate and maintain a refined products/NGL/LPG pipeline system with stations, terminals, and interstate right-of-way.
- Comprehensive knowledge of applicable federal, state, and local regulations.
- Ability to supervise a large diverse and remote workforce.
- In depth knowledge of safe work practices and procedures.
- Ability to work across organization to accomplish objectives.
- Effective computer skills.
- Good written and verbal communications.
- Proficient listening skills.
- Recognizes, respects and is able to utilize the strength of a diverse team. Promotes the importance and abilities of each member to contribute to the team effort.
- Recognizes business, opportunities, evaluates economic return on investment and implements sound business decisions.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret documents, manuals and reports. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community.
- Ability to work with basic mathematical concepts.
- Ability to apply concept such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical solutions if required.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret variety of technical instructions.
- Ability to drive a culture that "lives" Safety First
- Open and honest communicator.
- Develops relationships of trust throughout the organization.
- Sets clear upfront expectations, holding themselves and others accountable
- Recognize and reward positive behavior.
- Focus first on things they can control.
- Adapt influence where necessary - to things outside their control.
- Ability to challenge status quo, not satisfied with "the way we've always done it."
- Third alternative thinker - understanding everything is not black or white.
- Partner with internal/external groups to ensure mutual success.
- Commitment to doing what is right.
- Process oriented, focusing on value added tasks.
- Use technology to make us more efficient.
- Make the most effective use of the tools available.
- Focus on "What is important".
- Make decisions based on what is moving us toward goals.
- Practice appropriate risk as it relates to innovation and process improvement.
Apply on company website