Job title Account Executive
Location & Department Standard Commercial, Pearl River, NY (Work from home flex options)
FLSA Status Exempt
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the primary expert resource and first point of contact for clients.
- Perform research/analysis and handle of wide variety of client/broker questions on coverage/eligibility.
- Process renewal placements from beginning to end including, if needed, conduct marketing for alternative options
- Prepares endorsements and audits per client requests.
- Analyze relevant client data for new and renewal business including census/experience data, contractual requirements for insurance, etc.
- Conduct market comparisons by analyzing insurance rates and renewal information.
- Obtain quotes, as needed, and make recommendations to clients regarding coverage and exclusions.
- Negotiate premium and commission rates on behalf of clients for best alternatives.
- Preparation of applications for presentation to carriers (or marketing manager on large clients), including analysis of coverages.
- Assist with input and maintenance of Agency Management System
- Stay informed regarding industry information, new product/program developments, coverages, legislation, technology to continuously improve knowledge and performance.
- Delegates office administrative work to appropriate staff and oversees said tasks.
- May assist in supervising Assistant Account Manager and/or Administrative Assistant position(s).
- Advanced knowledge of carrier websites for application detail input
- Full knowledge of Property Casualty lines of coverage and services
- Recognize problems and respond appropriately.
- Able to analyze situations logically in order to draw solid conclusions.
- Advanced experience with Agency Management Systems, rating procedures, coverages, and industry operations to effectively manage, maintain, and write assigned clients and prospects.
- Advanced knowledge of navigating the Internet as well as various Microsoft Office programs to
include Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel, TEAMS and PowerPoint
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities
- Strong ability to multi-task and assign priority.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently without direct supervision.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in a team environment as well as independently.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and oral
- Project a professional image in action and appearance
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- College degree or equivalent experience required.
- Five or more years' experience in mid-size brokerage or carrier
- Experience with Mid to large size commercial P&C accounts
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Property and Casualty License required
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Apply on company website