To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The role and requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBIILITIES:
- Apply and balance all insurance Agency Bill Cash for Frenkel Northeast Division.
- Cash Receipts must be processed in a timely and accurate manner. All exceptions need Manager approval.
- React to & resolve all unapplied cash on accounts.
- Manage unresolved discrepancies.
- Refer problems/obstacles to Manager at huddle or immediately if urgent.
- Manage Cash on Accounts report
- Daily reconciling of cash receipts to bank cash deposits.
- Daily review of bank debits for reconciliation
- Coordinate with Manager (same day) any entries to sub ledger accounts.
- Coordinate with other EPIC offices for payments made to the wrong bank account.
- Coordinate with AP team for return premium checks from carriers.
- Disbursements for Client Cash on Accounts and credit balances
- Full analysis of credit and cash balances, presented to Account Executive for agreement.
- Obtain client bank details for wires (including foreign) and ACH
- Coordinate with finance desk and AE to manage Premium Finance Agreements.
- Participate in morning huddle meeting.
- Hand out JPM bank reports, ensure coverage for all accounting transactions.
- Process daily outgoing wires/ACH
- Create new ACH/Wire templates
- Mentor for agency bill cash training
- During month end and year end closings additional work hours might be needed
- Other duties as assigned and requested by management.
Personal AND Organizational Development Responsibilities:
- Set priorities and manage workflow for self and support team to ensure all goals are met.
- Interact with others effectively using strong, clear communication skills, cooperating purposefully and providing information and guidance as needed to achieve the business, profitability and retention goals of EPIC.
- Stay informed regarding industry information.
- Project a professional image in action and appearance.
- Excellent troubleshooting, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to partner with others to deliver on objectives.
- Strong knowledge Microsoft Office programs to including Advanced Excel skills (VLookups are a must, Macros and Pivot Tables are a plus).
- Strong attention to detail, multi-tasking, assigning priority and time management abilities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently both with and without direct supervision.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be able to commute to Jersey City, NY office (currently still remote).
- Minimum of 3-5 years of Accounts Receivable experience required, preferably in Insurance Accounting (Brokerage is a plus).
- College degree preferred by not required.
WHY JOIN US?
- 15th Largest Broker in US
- Voted " Best Place to Work" in the Insurance Industry
- Awesome Benefits: 401K matching, Generous Time Off Policy, Flexible Work Options, Medical, Dental, Vision, Pet Insurance, Cancer Insurance, Wellness Programs, Employee Award Programs (Trips!).
EPIC embraces diversity in all its various forms—whether it be diversity of thought, background, race, religion, gender, skills or experience. We are committed to fostering a work community where every colleague feels welcomed, valued, respected and heard. It is our belief that diversity drives innovation and that creating an environment where every employee feels included and empowered, helps us to deliver the best outcome to our clients.
Apply on company website