Automotive & Diesel Technician
First Student, the largest provider of student transportation in North America, is now hiring a Fleet Technician II!
First Student is proud to offer:
- $21+ per hour based on experience & qualifications (NOT flat rate)
- ASE certification bonus money & company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule, and consistent, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- Paid holidays, vacation, & sick time
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
Auto & Diesel Fleet Mechanic Major Responsibilities:
- Perform vehicle maintenance and repairs to ensure vehicles are safe for our customers.
- Diagnose and perform accurately all phases of vehicle and equipment repair including the repair of brakes, engine tune-ups, suspensions, drive trains, transmission clutches and other repairs.
- Remove and replace engine, transmission and differential assemblies.
- Ensure work orders are completed properly and accurately. Maintain records of all maintenance work completed including parts and supplies used.
- Assist with preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and annual maintenance inspections.
- Notify supervisor of potentially dangerous equipment and corrective action taken.
- Evaluate completed work prior to release and seek approval where required.
- Assist with road calls and emergency services as necessary.
- Adhere to FirstGroup standards, policies and procedures.
- Move vehicles safely between job and work area.
- Perform other responsibilities as requested or required.
Fleet Maintenance Mechanic Qualifications:
- Vocational or technical degree in vehicle maintenance is preferred.
- Valid driver's license required.
- 3-5 years of automotive or diesel repair employment experience or combination of education & experience.
- Intermediate diagnostics skills and mechanical knowledge are required.
- Must have appropriate mechanic's tool set.
- ASE certifications preferred. Must participate in company ASE certification program (company training, testing, and bonuses provided!)
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work assigned shift.
- Be subject to a drug test.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student (a division of FirstGroup America) is a leading provider of school transportation services. We operate in 460 locations across the US and Canada, working with school districts to provide safe, reliable, and cost-effective transportation for five million students per school day. We employ more than 48,000 people and operate and maintain over 43,000 buses.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website