Now Hiring School Bus Trainers in Stamford, CT!
At First Student, our Bus Drivers Trainers are an integral part of the communities they serve. They are committed to safety, customer service and have genuine, caring attitudes for children. We are your friends, family, and neighbors!
Job Purpose: Facilitates classroom and behind-the-wheel training to drivers and/or other location employees with respect to safety procedures and regulatory compliance. Provides coaching and mentoring for new drivers based upon key safety indicators.
- Provides classroom and/or behind-the-wheel training to new drivers. May facilitate additional training for existing location personnel, as needed for performance improvement or company / regulatory compliance needs.
- Maintains required training documentation and completions for compliance with state certification, company policies and district/state/federal requirements.
- While the focus of the position is on driver training, employee may also have other safety program responsibilities (e.g., accident investigation, forms compliance, safety meetings).
- Evaluates performance of new drivers and existing location personnel for the purpose of ensuring that basic skills levels are met and are in compliance with state, federal and company certification requirements.
- Participates in various activities (e.g. meetings, training, etc.) for the purpose of receiving and/or conveying information.
- May utilize problem solving skills to analyze performance gaps and create and execute training plans
- Work under limited supervision using standardized practices and/o methods while directing other persons within a small work unit
- All other responsibilities as required or requested.
Describe level of decision making:
- Coordinates and schedules driver training dates/time based on individual and location needs.
- May modify delivery of safety and driver training based on company policy, individual trainee needs, and location direction.
- Will evaluate performance of new drivers and existing personnel and communicate results to safety leadership at location to assist in hiring decisions.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Must have held Class B (or higher) CDL with S and P Endorsements for a minimum of 2 years
- Must have 2 or more years' experience driving a CMV with above credentials (or minimum of equivalent years CDL training experience)
- 1 to 3 years general training experience
- 1 to 3 years general transportation, safety or related experience
- Knowledge of federal and state rules and regulations regarding safety and environmental issues
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Good verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public
- Fluent in English
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
- Incumbent must be able to move about the office and in the surrounding company facility outside the office (e.g., bus parking lot); utilize standard office equipment; access filing system/cabinets; and communicate effectively and efficiently in person or by telephone.
- Must be able to drive company or personal vehicle to deliver training in multiple locations.
- The job is performed under temperature extremes and under conditions with exposure to risk of injury and/or illness.
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, significant lifting, carrying, pulling and/or pushing, frequent stopping, kneeling and crouching.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website