Customer Service Representative
Facilitates and assists the customers in the loading process of all renting passengers at McCarran International Airport. Gives friendly and courteous service to our passengers and properly counts and manages the passenger flow and maintains the loading order of the bus rotation. The primary function of this position is crowd control and management and insuring that customers are guided to a bus quickly and safely.
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- A great work environment.
Customer Service Representative responsibilities include:
- Greets all passengers in the loading areas in a courteous and enthusiastic manner.
- Guides passengers to the buses in proper loading order as defined in our location policies and
counts passengers and monitors luggage to insure no overloading of the buses.
- Works in a team environment and monitors the supervisor's and other CSR's directions
through hand signals and verbal to make sure the process of passenger loading runs
smoothly and efficiently.
- Keeps complete focus on their area and other monitors other team member's activities and
communicates effectively instructions as they become available.
- Facilitates and assists ADA passengers to the designated loading areas for pickup by the
- Makes proper decisions in the proper loading of buses while taking into account passenger
flow and bus availability.
- Keeps the loading areas clear of all items that could pose a safety danger to the staff or
passengers and reports to their supervisor immediately.
- Notifies operations supervisors of deviations, overloads, accidents, passenger incidents,
- Works in a safe and efficient manner at all times.
- Other duties as required.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Must be available to work shifts that can start at any hour (24 hours).
- Must be able to work without direct supervision and in a team oriented environment.
- Must read and understand signs, bus rotation and customer service plan and maps.
- Must have excellent communication skills and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to effectively and clearly communicate with passengers and supervisors including use of a
two-way radio and PA system.
- Able to work all shift hours and days assigned.
Physical requirements include:
- Pushing/Pulling; Must be able to handle heavy wheelchairs and luggage.
- Lifting; Must be able to lift up to 80 pounds.
- Walking up to 8 hours daily crossing lot, up and down bus loading areas.
- Sitting less than 30 minutes daily while riding a service vehicle.
- Climbing in and out of a bus, stairs and curb.
- Reaching must be able to reach to assist drivers when directed by supervisors.
- Handling doors, knobs, switches, handles.
- Hearing detecting problems with passengers on bus, emergency vehicles,
unusual engine noises and customers questions.
- Bending/stooping/ checking for lost items on the ground and squatting.
- Seeing; reading signs, spotting ADA passengers from a distance.
- Talking and communicating with passengers, dispatch office and supervisors
- Dropping from the emergency door on bus to ground
- Standing; must be able to stand up to 8 hours during a shift
- Environmental; position is outdoors up to 8+ hours daily and position works in extreme
heat (above 100 degrees) and cold (under 30 degrees).
- Has extensive exposure to direct sunlight and changing weather conditions
- Required to wear all company designated and provided Protective Personal Equipment (PPE) daily
for duration of shift while in designated work areas.
First Transit is a leading provider of transportation contract and management services, moving more than 350 million passengers annually. First Transit employs more than 19,500 dedicated transit professionals through fixed-route, paratransit, college/airport shuttle services and rail operations at more than 300 locations in the US, Canada and Puerto Rico. With a dedication to safety and outstanding customer service, First Transit sets itself apart from other providers in the industry.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website