In this position, you will dispatch vehicles and drivers through the use of a computerized dispatch system to ensure that all passenger pickups and returns are made in a timely, safe and efficient manner. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. First Transit is looking for you if you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, then this a great advancement opportunity!
SIGN ON BONUS:
- $500 at completion of training
- $1000 after completing 1000 hours of work (after training)
- $1000 after completing an additional 1000 hours of work (after training/first 1000 hrs)
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America.
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- TriMet Hop Fastpass, at no cost
- A great work environment.
- Monitors radio and electronic text transmissions along with performance by the operators using the scheduling software to assure operators are observing schedules; identify service disruptions and initiate corrective action; and monitor adequacy of service and recommend adjustments
- Contacts drivers or transportation provider to reschedule work when necessary to maintain shift strength and inform relief dispatchers of any special circumstances or conditions affecting service delivery.
- Monitors operating practices to assure compliance with rules and regulations; report violations, including customer complaints to supervisor or assigned individual.
- Researches and responds to inquiries from passengers regarding delayed arrivals, cancellations, or other schedule information
- Contacts appropriate law enforcement agencies, medical services and/or supervisory personnel in emergency situations
- Monitors and adjust passenger schedules and vehicle load capacities as necessary to maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency
- Completes documentation of events that occur on the day of service, including tracker notes, SIP reports, ACID reports and other required written documents.
- Work individually and as part of a team
- Works cooperatively with all departments and business contacts to assure quality service is provided.
- May assist maintenance department in routing vehicles for repair.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- Regular and predictable attendance and punctuality
- Previous Call Center and Dispatch experience preferred but not required
- One year of Customer Service work.
- Ability to type 35 wpm and good Ten Key skills.
- Experience with Trapeze software is a plus!
- Ability to work independently, and collaboratively as needed in a fast-paced setting.
- Good communications skills, both orally and in writing.
- Strong phone skills and interpersonal skills, solving customer service issue involving calls from customers and operators on the road
Education & Certifications Required:
- High School Diploma or GED.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website