Join the First Transit team as Diesel Fleet Technician!
Earn Up to $75,000 a Year!
Work in a Clean, Spacious, and Safe Maintenance Shop! – Servicing Denver/Commerce City, CO
State of the Art Paperless Shop Using Tablets!
If you're a highly skilled mechanic with a strong sense of personal responsibility, a dedication to excellence, and a truly positive attitude who's looking to make a difference in your community, apply now!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Up to $75,000/yearly earnings based on experience and qualifications
- $5,000 Sign On Bonus!*
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- Consistent full-time, year-round work
- An excellent benefits package including medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
- 12 paid holidays, 2 weeks paid vacation (to start), 6 paid sick days & 2 personal days
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety glasses
- Uniforms provided
- Ongoing company training on state-of-the-art online system
- Opportunities for career advancement nationwide
- A great work environment!
As a First Transit Diesel Mechanic, You'll Be Responsible For:
- Performing vehicle maintenance to First Transit Standards of Excellence
- Communicating professionally with customers, team members, and supervisors
- Diagnosing all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
- Working with all vehicle components include engine, driveline, electrical, brakes, suspension, steering, exhaust, cab, chassis, and hydraulics
- Ensuring work orders are completed accurately
- Evaluating completed work prior to release
- Moving vehicles safely between job and work area
- Managing parts room
- Properly using of state of the art paperless maintenance system
- Actively participating in safety and educational training as required
Diesel Mechanic qualifications:
- Previous experience in heavy vehicle maintenance & repair experience
- Technical school training is a plus!
- Valid driver's license; Ability to obtain CDL while employed.
- Appropriate mechanic's tool set
- Must be able to obtain ASE Certifications while employed.
- Be subject to a drug test
So, Who Are We?
We are First Transit (A Division of FirstGroup America) – a leading transportation provider. We move more than 350 million passengers annually and employ 19,500 dedicated transit professionals in over 300 locations worldwide. And we need great team members like you!
Don't Wait! Apply Today!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
*Conditions apply. Offer expires 9/30/21.
Apply on company website