Join First Transit as a Payroll Clerk. The Payroll Clerk assists the General Manager in all aspects of the daily payroll function. This position is responsible for the completion of new employee profiles, payroll, benefits enrollments, and other clerical accounting functions. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, we are looking for you!
First Transit is proud to offer:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- Flexible Schedule
- A great work environment.
Payroll Clerk major responsibilities:
- Process new employee files/records and submit to General Manager for approval. Once approved, submit all appropriate paperwork to region accounting office.
- Calculate driver/staff payroll and input payroll information into the computer for processing. Accurately track attendance for permanent part-time employees. Maintain accurate driver seniority list.
- Answer the phone and respond to customer inquiries. Distribute mail, prepare overnight packages, and maintain stamps and other mailing supplies. Order location's office supplies and maintain inventory.
- Assist GM in accurately tracking OT for purposes of reducing/eliminating unnecessary and/or additional punch hours.
- Verify all standard hours to reduce any additional driver hours.
- All other duties as assigned.
Payroll Clerk requirements:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environment
- Computer literacy, 10 Key, Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- All candidates subject to pre-employment criminal background check and drug screen.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website