Are you interested in becoming a Road Supervisor?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Road Supervisor in Tacoma, WA. Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Road Supervisors will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
Our Road Supervisors are responsible for:
- Clearly communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers.
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations documents.
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road and corrects safety problems on the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To qualify as a Road Supervisor, you'll need:
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of transit supervisory experience preferred
- Must obtain and maintain a DOT medical certification (we pay exam)
- Must meet all job requirements of the operator position: For instance, DOT/MVR/Criminal and drug and alcohol testing and any and all safety requirements of the operator position
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, location staff, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in English
- Training experience
- Work extended hours regularly, including weekends and holiday's as required by client contract
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website