Are you interested in becoming a Scheduler?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Scheduler at our office in Portland, OR location. Schedulers are responsible for reviewing, revising, and producing final schedules created by scheduling software. Refines trip assignments to increase productivity, improve ride quality, and adjust individual route schedules to provide resources that match demand.
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Schedulers will enjoy:
- Earn $250 for successful completion of entire training program and working
- After 60 days of continued employment, after training is completed, earn another $250
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- TriMet Hop Fastpass at no cost!
Our Schedulers are responsible for:
- Sets up permanent trip schedules for customers and maintains run templates in the Trapeze computer system. Initiates system batches to automatically route and schedule trips.
- Adds requests for passenger pickups and adjust schedules to accommodate cancellations. Ensures that specific services are provided to meet the needs of particular clients.
- Ensures optimization of routing and makes recommendations for appropriate parameter settings on routing and scheduling software to improve overall system efficiency.
- Monitors daily service needs with the contract service provider with an emphasis on the trimming of runs to maximize cost containment.
- Analyzes and adjusts computer dispatch schedules for conditions affecting customer service. Report findings and/or implement necessary service changes and maintains and completes the required records and logs.
- Monitors and adjusts passenger schedules and vehicle load capacities as necessary to maintain operational effectiveness and efficiency as it relates to system productivity standards.
- Maintains open communications with same day dispatchers, customer service representatives (reservationists) and supervisors.
- Utilizes complex computerized reports to analyze and monitor service effectiveness and efficiency to adjust routing to meet departmental performance goals and measurements (i.e. daily optimizer report and capacity report).
- Maintain the Fleet assignments to Providers to ensure proper vehicle coverage.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To qualify as a Scheduler you'll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- One year of customer service work
- One year dispatch or scheduling experience or work experience that demonstrates the applicant's ability to rapidly learn and perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
- Type 45 wpm and good ten key skills
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website