Have you considered being a Transit Van Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
At First Transit we make a large impact in our community everyday! Everyday our drivers serve the Lake County community by providing safe and reliable transportation. Each day our drivers provide essential transportation to individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! If you love helping people and driving – come work for us! We offer the employment experience you desire and the flexibility you need.
No CDL? No Problem! We provide paid training!
You can also Join us every Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm at 39 Ziegler Dr., Grayslake, Illinois, USA, 60030-1682. Meet the team and learn more about your future career! There will be an opportunity to fill out an online application and for an on-the-spot interview! Social Distancing, PPE and all other state guidelines will be adhered to during these events.
Safety is our top priority and all drivers will be provided the necessary protective equipment to perform their job in accordance with CDC Guidelines.
Our buses are disinfected daily and masks, gloves and sanitizer are all provided
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- $17/ HR Starting Wage
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental and vision
- Up to 2 weeks paid time off, paid holidays and paid sick time
- Make extra money with overtime opportunities
- Flexible Schedule- part time work available to fit your needs!
- Year round work (unlike a school bus driving positions)
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- GPS guidance in all vehicles
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout Lake County.
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us, if you:
- Have good verbal communication skills
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid driver's license for at least 5 years
- Please note all applicants are subject to a drug test, and physical
First Transit provides easy and convenient mobility, improving quality of life by connecting people and communities - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website