*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Sr DBA, MSSQL will be based in Guadalajara.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Responsible for the administration of computerized database. Database administrator will be able to:
- Administering and guarantee the database integrity and availability of the databases defining and following the Best practices,
- Processes and procedures to backup, recovery, monitoring and improvement of the databases performance.
- This individual will also analyze and solve database problems in a timely and accurate fashion, in a regional or global scope.
- Participate in 24x7 support rotation enabling the follow the sun schema along with other teams
- Installation of SQL Server environments & Configure as per Guidelines recommended.
- Resolves calls routed to him/her, without having to dispatch to L3; and take escalation calls from L1 support
- In-depth knowledge of troubleshooting scripts and knowledge of server topologies/configurations.
- Backup Database and Configure backups
- Restore of Databases from production to Test and vice versa (Refresh), and across servers
- Review the Job executions; change Schedule of a job & Configure Jobs as Per Guidelines.
- Analyze statistical data from databases environments and provide periodical reports to the support groups and management
- Review available free space and capacity planning
- Decision Making to Perform Shirking & truncating files when Necessary.
- Validate the performance of new Objects and release to production environment
- Creating Users & Grant, Remove, Change Permissions to users on SQL Server & Its Databases as per
- Control & Supervising of ETL processes and SP in production
- Manage, Support and configure Replication technologies (DB Replication, Log Shipping, Mirroring and Always
- Observe Flex data retention policies, guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Protect data and ensure Flextronics security best practices are followed
- Troubleshooting Skills that involves reviewing of Application, system & SQL Server Logs.
- Run SQLRAP and implementing SQL Best practices
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Minimum 5 years of previous experience as SQL data base administrator
- Intermediate-advanced English
- Knowledge as DBA on MSSQL Server, PostgreSQL and/or MYSQL
- Problem solver
- Skills that involves reviewing of Application, system & SQL Server Logs.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Previous experience solving incidents and tickets
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website