FSA, a rapidly growing professional services company delivering highly qualified personnel in support of the government's mission, has an immediate vacancy for a Training Technician in support of the FBI's National Virtual Translation Center's Translation (NVTC).
The FBI's NVTC is a federal government center created to serve the U.S. government's translation needs. They were established by Congress in 2003 to provide timely and accurate translations in support of national interests.
A Training Technician executes the following duties:
- Develop, implement, and conduct required training
- Coordinates with Agency Asset Forfeiture Coordinators to develop initial and follow on curricula for all contractor personnel
- Develops training material, organizes schedules and provides logistical support for training, conducts training, maintains training records
- Publishes periodic training and information advisories
- Updates training to ensure policy, regulatory, legal, and system changes are incorporated in training curricula
- Assist in training linguists on the NVTC's translation guidelines, customer-specific job instructions, and the integration of translation memory software into their translations.
- Assist in training linguists and customers on the NVTC's web-based work-flow system.
- Assist in training customers on translation industry standards and effectively managing their expectations.
- Assist in providing newcomer, OJT, and continuation training to new colleagues on the Translation Tasking Team.
- Accept and process material in the workflow Translator On-line Network System (TONS) from assignment through quality control, final review, and delivery of the product to the client.
- Provide awareness and oversight of the various funding types, bid, and work order processes to ensure the appropriate resources are applied.
- Work with Supervisory Foreign Language Program Coordinators (SFLPC) to pair appropriate linguist resources to the task.
- Perform regular checks on the status of material in process to identify potential delays or problems.
- Maintain liaison with linguist to promote a good working environment and to ensure timely and accurate translation.
- Receives tasks and direction from the FSA on-site supervisor.
Forfeiture Support Associates (FSA), LLC is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote qualified persons in all job titles without regard to age, ancestry, color, gender, HIV status, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation (including gender expression and identity), veteran status, family leave status or any protected group status as deﬁned by applicable law.
Apply on company website