The Marketing Analyst – Advertising & Promotions role will assist with promotional item selection, print/digital media layout, and analysis of all print and digital marketing campaigns. Media vehicles include, but are not limited to magazine/newspaper ads, trade publications, direct email, social media, company website ads, etc.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Make independent decisions as it relates to product and pricing to reduce ad cost in various national media events
- Direct others in product suggestions
- Manage submission process from the Category Managers for National Media
- Ability to make data driven decisions about product selection by media to maximize gross profit and reduce ad cost
- Ability to enter large amounts of data into promotional planning system with speed and accuracy
- Ability to be a learn quickly and adapt to constantly changing priorities
- This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work under frequent pressure to meet deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Must be able to independently set priorities of tasks amongst multiple assigned projects
- Supervises staff – N/A
- Financial Scope – N/A
- Organizational Scope – N/A
- Decision Making – Yes
- Travel – Corporate Headquarters
Job Qualifications – Education and Experience
- 3 - 5 years of relevant experience.
- Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Outlook and Word.
- Intermediate/Advanced in Microsoft Excel (V lookups, pivot tables, graphs, formatting, etc.).
- Previous experience in the Retail industry is a plus.
- Experience analyzing large volumes of data.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to be a learn quickly and adapt to constantly changing priorities.
- This position requires strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work under frequent pressure to meet deadlines.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Must be able to independently set priorities of tasks amongst multiple assigned projects.
- General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- lift up to 15 lbs.
About Harbor Freight Tools
At Harbor Freight, we deliver the quality tools and affordable prices that hard-working Americans need to build, fix and create. We all work together to help them get the job done and make ends meet. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to the communities that we serve. Harbor Freight Tools is different, we're not your typical retailer, we are a large company with a start-up feel that provides a collegial and collaborative environment dedicated to high achievement. We are committed to support and promote people based on their relative contribution, skill set and accomplishments and firmly believe in generous pay for performance compensation and building long-term careers. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company - on pace to $8 billion in the next few years. We have over 750 stores nationwide and are opening a new one every three days. If your ego is in check, you are an open-minded partner, aren't afraid to get into the weeds to learn and understand our culture and have a desire to join our history making enterprise, then we'd love to talk to you.
Apply on company website