The Product Development Project Manager (PDPM) will manage a portfolio of projects and liaise with various departments to ensure the project's move forward and roadblocks or potential issues are uncovered. The PDPM will become a subject matter expert in Harbor Freight's product development process and will work with stakeholders to provide guidance on next steps, deliverables, follow-up on action items and ensure that issues are resolved and communicated. This position will oversee the progress of a portfolio of product development projects which will contribute to the continued growth of the organization.
Reporting to the Director, Product Strategy the PDPM will be responsible for managing the planning, execution and progress of product development projects. This will include responsibility for managing project outcomes to achieve objectives on-time. The PDPM will need to be detail-oriented and an excellent communicator with strong leadership skills. Building and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholder groups is a critical aspect of this role including Category Management, Global Sourcing, Quality Assurance, and Forecasting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of project management for assigned product development projects through the entire lifecycle;
- Creates cohesive project plans with identifiable critical path, task dependencies, and major milestones, and manages the approved plans and schedules, ensuring successful completion within scope, time, and quality parameters;
- Sets deadlines, assigns responsibilities, monitors and summarizes progress of projects;
- Prepares reports for leadership regarding project status;
- Proven ability to lead a team of professionals who can interact across all levels and functions of the organization effectively;
- Must bring to this position a proven ability to lead during a time of significant growth, and an ability to establish credibility and influence other executives through both formal and informal leadership;
- Builds and maintains effective working relationships with team members and other departments involved in the projects;
- Coordinates meetings, writes minutes, and develops presentation material;
- Identify and help implement process and reporting improvements while ensuring that sufficient resources are available to meet project goals;
- Responsible for providing business analysis, measurements, and reporting using internal data to measure the effectiveness of both current operations and specific project deliverables;
- Assess project risks / process opportunities and communicate results to Harbor Freight Tools senior management; initiate action plans as necessary;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
- Supervisory Responsibility: Direct: Exempt Employees.
- Organizational Scope – All US locations/Single Category/Region/District/Distribution Center
- Location—HQ Corporate.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors' Degree preferably with a Business major or related field;
- 5+ years of progressive work responsibility;
- PMP certification a plus;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite inclusive of Microsoft Project;
- Experience working in a high growth environment, with consistently shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos;
- A history of developing and managing to key metrics and scorecards;
- Ability to make decisions quickly, based upon a combination of analysis, experience, wisdom and judgment;
- Flexible personality with the ability to deal with ambiguity and to think outside the box and provide a continuous flow of new ideas and process improvements;
- Strong interpersonal skills. Able to maintain and develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels;
- Effective communication skills. Crisp and clear. Informs and directs appropriately on both verbal and written fronts;
- Dedicated to the success of the company and willing to commit to necessary hours. This is an opportunity to make a significant impact on the growth of the company;
- Personable, collaborative team leader who will thrive in a fast-paced, growing environment with constantly changing priorities.
General office environment requiring ability to:
- stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time;
- speak and listen to others in person and over the phone;
- use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports;
- lift up to 50 lbs;
About Harbor Freight Tools
n 1977, when Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business, we made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 40 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less.
We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 40 year-old, $4 billion company with over 30 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you.
Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977
Apply on company website