Our Regional Human Resource Generalists are subject matter experts that act as business partners to their regional teams. They lead the employee relations efforts for their regions while maximizing associate productivity through the optimization of talent. Our Human Resources Generalists plan and prioritize to provide optimal support to their portfolio of stores. They thrive on maintaining a work environment that is representative of our core principles and that allows our high performance teams to execute with excellence.
- Mitigate risk and maximize productivity through collaboration with business partners
- Compile and analyze reports and data to identify trends and make recommendations
- Identify opportunities and collaborate with business partners to drive continuous improvement
- Support the effective rollout of Human Resources initiatives.
- Act as a subject matter expert in company policies, programs and operational processes and their impact on the business
- Lead employee relations efforts
- Conduct investigations and provide objective, quality guidance and resolution
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State and Local employment laws
- Address and resolve employee issues and/or concerns across all levels
- Support recruiting strategies in effort to attract top talent
- Support the development, retention and promotion of high performing teams.
- Support the performance management process
- Promote organizational initiatives and align team with vision and purpose
- Build relationships with field and corporate partners
- Provide quality decision-making that adheres to our core principles
- Support regional engagement strategy
- Promote a culture of safe and secure stores
- Conducts targeted and purposeful store visits
Uses data to set priorities and translates goals into action plans
Consistently pushes self and others for results; eliminates roadblocks
Manages internal and external communications
Building High Performance Teams
Supports the acquisition and retention of the right talent
Trains, coaches and provides feedback
Supports the Development of teams and positioning them for growth
Acts with customers in mind
Understands and teaches how operational execution directly affects the customer experience
Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers
Managing Vision and Purpose
Makes the company vision sharable by everyone
Can inspire and motivate entire units
Is forward-looking and talks beyond today
Relates well to all kinds of people inside and outside of the organization
Builds constructive and effective relationships
Builds appropriate rapport
Planning and Priority Setting
Quickly zeros in on the critical few and puts the trivial many aside
Spends time and the time of others on what is important
Sets objectives and goals and translates into concrete steps for action
Minimum of five years' experience in Human Resources and multi-unit leadership
Bachelors/Associates Degree preferred or High School graduate/Equivalent, HR certification preferred
Ability to communicate with customers and associates. Requires up to 40% travel over a large geographical area and standing and moving for an entire shift.
Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings, overnight shifts and weekends as necessary to meet the needs of the business. Regular travel is required. Regular attendance is an essential function of the job.
Ensures compliance with all policies, procedures and laws
About Harbor Freight Tools
In 1977, Harbor Freight Tools was started as a small family-owned business. We made a commitment to provide working people with great quality tools at the lowest prices. And for over 43 years, Harbor Freight Tools has done just that. From hand tools and generators, to air and power tools, from shop equipment to automotive tools, Harbor Freight offers more than 5,000 tools and accessories at quality levels that match or exceed competing brands, but at prices that are up to 80% less. All while developing and launching over 1,000 new tools each year. We're not your typical retailer. We're a team of high-achievers, who have a passion for excellence and continuous improvement and obsess about getting things done. We're also equally committed to doing the right thing and giving back to our community. And for us, collaboration is the golden rule. We're a 43 year-old, $5 billion company with over 1,100 stores, opening 2-3 new stores a week with over 40 million loyal customers and growing. If you are looking for a not so ordinary and highly rewarding career opportunity, we would love to talk with you. Delivering Value to the Hardworking Since 1977.
Apply on company website