DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Last year alone, our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Surgery Center Administrator with Facility you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!
In the Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer a variety of comprehensive medical, dental, and vision plans along with some unique benefits including:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Assistant Director of Medical Staff Services like you to be a part of our team. This role requires participation in the planning and execution of a state-of-the-art Medical Staff governance program and operational structure, across key areas of the operation. This position will be a combination of working remotely and traveling to be onsite with your team in San Antonio with flexibility to travel to other areas as needed.
What you will do in this role:
- You will oversee the workflow of the credentialing department, specifically processes related to initial appointment, re-appointment, and clinical privileging.
- You will lead a team of Market Medical Staff Coordinators.
- You will collaborate with Credentials Processing Centers and the Office of Professional Practice Advancement to identify critical market credentialing performance metrics and benchmarks, measure performance, and continually improve operations.
- You will ensure compliance relative to credentialing, privileging, peer review activities and functions, and professional practice evaluation; overseeing internal audits and regulatory surveys.
- You will be the subject matter expert for medical staff, facility leaders, MSO coordinators, and colleagues. This will also include written and verbal communications with all levels of stakeholders.
- You will assist in the development and maintenance of all MSO policies and procedures, training and operations manuals, as well as, managing facility governing documents and policies regarding the management, access to, and distribution of credentialing, privileging, peer review, and professional practice evaluation information.
What qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in healthcare related field or an equivalent combination of training and experience required. Master's degree in a healthcare related field or business, preferred.
- CPCS and/or CPMSM Credentialing Certification required
- Minimum of 6 years of comprehensive credentialing experience in hospital, surgery center, or healthcare related role.
- Minimum of 3 years supervisory/management experience.
- Detailed working knowledge of the health care and credentialing industry, including medical-legal issues and laws, regulatory standards as related to credentialing, privileging and peer review, and other national standards.
- Experience with facility accreditation process and standards.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately for this opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website