Last year our HCA Healthcare colleagues invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As a Corporate Nurse Residency Manager with HCA Healthcare you can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving back!Benefits
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the HCA Healthcare family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic Corporate Nurse Residency Manager to help us reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Corporate Nurse Residency Manager you will ensure high quality, patient-centered care by accepting the overall management of the Nurse Residency Program. The Nurse Residency Manager is responsible for assessment of orientation and training program needs, development and execution of program objectives, and evaluation and ongoing improvement of a competency-based orientation for the nurse resident.
As a Corporate Nurse Residency Manager, your duties will include:
- Monitors operations with reference to laws, regulations, guidelines, or industry practices to assess compliance, risk, or exposure while communicating key performance indicators for the Clinical Education Service Line as it relates to HCA's Nurse Residency/StaRN programs.
- Ensures that the clinical education team develops educational content that meets the accreditation standards of the Joint Commission, Medicare, Medicaid, and similar organizations from an educational perspective.
- Oversees implementation of the graduate nurse residency program curriculum, in collaboration with the Nurse Residency Coordinators in the Division and HealthTrust Workforce Solutions StaRN program leads.
- Ensures efficient and effective delivery of quality clinical education content and programs to facilitate learning.
- Contributes and works collaboratively with division education leaders to support hospital-wide improvement in meeting core measures, patient safety, service excellence goals, and patient experience through clinical education.
- Selects varied teaching strategies, as appropriate, for classroom and clinical experience, Develops and implements innovative models of instruction to support clinical learning in seminars and at the bedside.
- Assumes responsibility for HCA's Preceptor Certification Program, including continuous process improvement based on evaluations and identification of new best practices within HCA.
- Provides assistance to HCA Command Center for any/all disasters or emergency situations.
- Assumes a variable work schedule to support Preceptors and assess new Registered Nurses during the Residency Program.
- Supports and provides input into the strategic planning and business development process as it pertains to nurse residency and new graduate nursing, including technology advances and other opportunities to drive differentiation and support the growth agenda
- Represents the organization positively within the community; participates in company supported community/patient events and in-services.
- Stays abreast of external factors and opportunities impacting healthcare, including political, legislative, and regulatory changes, emerging technologies, and advancements in healthcare delivery. Understands the competitive landscape. Supports the organization's response to changing healthcare dynamics and market environments.
- Participates in the development of long-and short-range operational and capital budgets aligned to business objectives.
- Provides requested data to assist in completing monthly operations; provides information on variances to the Director of Clinical Education Programs and/or VP of Clinical Education.
- Understands budget impact on department performance in accordance with established budget, including the utilization of staffing, supplies, and equipment. Identifies cost reduction opportunities to achieve savings.
- Participates in the annual budget process, providing input into assigned facility expense forecasts, staffing, supply, and equipment needs
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education, or other clinical field, required
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- 5+ years' experience in nursing in an acute care setting, required
- 3+ years' experience as a clinical educator or nurse preceptor, required
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HealthTrust Supply Chain is a critical part of HCA Healthcare's strategy. Our focus is to improve performance and reduce costs. We do this by joining non-clinical and administrative functions. HealthTrust Supply Chain best practice methodologies. We develop, apply and monitor cost-efficient initiatives and programs for HCA Healthcare. By improving facility efficiency, medical professionals can focus on our mission - patient care.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Be a part of an organization that invests in you! We are reviewing applications for our Nurse Residency Manager opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website