DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
RN Clinical Educator
Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Varying shifts: Days, evenings, nights needed
Occasional travel required to other Treasure Coast facilities
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center
Fort Pierce, FL
**$5,000 sign on bonus offered to qualified candidates**
The HCA Center for Clinical Advancement (CCA) is part of our strategic nursing initiative to create an organizational structure (shared services) focused specifically on clinical education. The CCA will develop and deploy consistent world-class curriculum, content, and programs across HCA's 178 acute care facilities nationwide. The strategy of our center shared services implementation focuses on our amazing clinical educators dedicating their time in high value-add, top of skill efforts with our clinicians. To aid in this effort, HCA will leverage size and scale to share clinical education best practices across the enterprise and help make decisions that will positively impact our patient outcomes.
We're excited to advance and hope you will join us on our mission to support the care and improvement of human life!
Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute is a 365-bed acute care hospital. Home to the Treasure Coast Level II Trauma Center, it provides life-saving care for patients with critical injuries from St. Lucie, Indian River, Okeechobee and Martin counties. Specialty services include a full range of cardiac care from diagnostics to open-heart surgery, Pediatric Intensive Care Unit, Behavioral Health, and an Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation Center.
In 2014, Children's Services expanded, a Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit and the new Pediatric ER opened. These dedicated services for the smallest and the sickest children provide quality, child-friendly care, close to home.
Lawnwood is accredited by The Joint Commission and designated as a Top Performer and a Certified Primary Stroke Center. Lawnwood is the only hospital on the Treasure Cost with a Truven Top 50 Cardiovasular Hospital designation and CARF Accreditation.
At Lawnwood Regional Medical Center & Heart Institute, patients come first – no matter what!
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At HCA Healthcare, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Student Loan Repayment*
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs*
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)*
*If applicable, please refer to the CBA or the local HR office to confirm if this benefit applies to your position.
The Clinical Professional Development Educator (CPDE) is responsible for enhancing professional practice and the provision of quality patient care by providing evidence-based, quality educational programs and activities that promote professional competency for nursing, inter-professional and non-licensed clinical staff at assigned facility. Responsibilities include:
- Competency Management
- Research Evidence-based Practice (EBP)/Quality Improvement (QI)
- Collaborative Partnerships
- Professional Role Development
- Practices and adheres to the Code of Conduct
- Participate in providing simulation models in the simulation lab.
Education & Experience:
- Required: Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical related field.
- Preferred: Master's degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Education or other clinical field
- Required: 3+ years of experience in clinical education; 5+ years' experience in an acute care hospital
- Or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- MUST be able to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings, and nights
- MUST be able to travel to other facilities within the Treasure Coast Market
Licenses, Certifications, & Training:
- Required: Currently licensed as appropriate to education in the state(s) in which he or she practices, in accordance with law and regulation.
- Preferred: Certification as NPD Practitioner and/or clinical certification as recognized by American Nurse Credentialing Center.
- Required: BLS
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website