DescriptionSHIFT: Mixed (rotating weekends)
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a Medical Technologist to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, TexasMedical Technologist – Laboratory Shift: Part Time Mixed
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area's only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children's Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area's only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.What you will do in this role:
- Must demonstrate the ability to perform manual and automated test procedures, accurately report laboratory results, to include perform special calculations, and report critical values.
- Performs and reviews quality control; decides if results are within acceptable limits; researches problems and documents.
- Must ensure automated equipment is operational by performing required maintenance, calibration and troubleshooting procedures daily or as needed.
- Must be knowledgeable of specimen requirements, processing procedures, and specimen rejection criteria.
- Must be familiar with the use of laboratory forms, requisitions, to include the laboratory information system.
- Must understand and remain compliant with hospital and department policies/procedures.
- Assist in the evaluation of new procedures and equipment.
- Participates in opportunities for continuing education and/or teaching, training according to the section performance standards to enhance technical skills.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- He/she will perform tasks as assigned by the Supervisor within his/her scope of training.
QualificationsWhat qualifications you will need:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in medical technology or related area of specialty preferred.
- One year experience in a clinical laboratory
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent preferred or Registry eligible as a Medical Technologist
HCA Healthcare ranks on Fortune's list of Most Admired Companies for three consecutive years and HCA ranks 63rd on the fortune 500 list. In addition Ethisphere named HCA as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies. We want you to join our tradition of excellence. Intrigued? We'd love to hear from you.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply. We promptly review all applications. If you are highly qualified you will hear from one of our recruiters. We are actively interviewing so apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website