Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) RN PRN to join our healthcare family.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our RN PRN opportunity.Job Summary and Qualifications
We are seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room for our facility to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and we are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now!
What You Will Do In Your Role:
* You will have an understanding of aseptic technique and apply the knowledge in assuring maintenance of a sterile field and in assisting in a procedure or prepping a patient for surgery.
* You will demonstrate knowledge of which areas need to be prepped for the different kinds of procedure.
* You will assesses the patient prior to surgery and establishes that the patient understands the procedure being done and that a “timeout” be done prior to any procedure with the rest of the perioperative team.
* You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serve as a resource to the Surgical Services team.
* You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing.
What qualifications you will need:
* Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing is required. BSN is preferred.
* Minimum of 1 year of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse in an Operating Room setting is required.
* Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date).
* Current BLS and ACLS Certification are required.
* CNOR is preferred.What qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Cardiac Life Spt must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- Registered Nurse
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland, a campus of HCA Houston Healthcare Clear Lake, has been serving Texas City, Texas for more than 60 years—bringing compassionate, “patients first” care into Galveston County and the surrounding communities. Since being founded in 1952, HCA Houston Healthcare Mainland has grown from a 90-bed hospital to a 220+ bed acute care facility offering quality care with premium services. That growth is a reflection of the changing needs of our community and patients, as well as rapidly advancing medical technology. Our highly skilled staff and specialized physicians provide service excellence to all of our patients. Our services include inpatient and outpatient medical, surgical and specialty services. We are a Level IV Trauma Center and a Primary Stroke Center. Together, we offer a complete range of specialized health programs to improve the health of our community. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our RN PRN opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website