Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application for our RN Sepsis Coordinator opening with HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center today and find out what it truly means to be a part of the HCA Healthcare team.Benefits
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
We are seeking a(an) RN Sepsis Coordinator for our team to ensure that we continue to provide all patients with high quality, efficient care. Did you get into our industry for these reasons? We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply!Job Summary and Qualifications
What you will do in this role:
Under the direction of the AVP-Quality, the Sepsis Coordinator works in collaboration with the medical and hospital staff to provide a highly reliable process for multidisciplinary care to the patient with sepsis; facilitates development and refines the sepsis protocol as the standard of care within the facility; and evaluates the care provided utilizing the quality improvement process.
- The Coordinator provides clinical, professional expertise on sepsis for medical staff and clinical staff.
- Collaborates with all members of the interdisciplinary team to achieve best practices within the organization.
- Promotes organized care, including protocol development and bundle compliance, for the patient with sepsis.
- Functions as an educator ensuring optimal care management and outcomes for the patient with sepsis.
- Collects and analyzes data surrounding the sepsis patients to assist with documentation, coding, clinical care, and outcomes.
- Participates in ICU Multidisciplinary Rounds to follow up on “Code Sepsis” patients and identify missed opportunities for Code Sepsis activation.
- Provide follow-up/feedback to medical staff and hospital leadership on sepsis initiatives.
- Maintains active involvement in nursing and hospital committees as necessary.
What qualifications you will need:
- Current Registered Nurse license required
- BSN preferred
- Three (3) years experience in acute hospital setting required
- 2 years experience in ED or ICU preferred
- Previous experience with Quality initiatives preferred
- Working knowledge of quality improvement/hospital regulatory standards preferred
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Houston Healthcare Medical Center is a 445+ bed acute care hospital located in the heart of central Houston, adjacent to the Medical Center and Museum District, and provides quality care for the greater Houston area. Established in 1975, our hospital has been serving Houston for more than 40 years. We provide a wide range of medical services, including cardiology, bariatrics, orthopedics, neurology, emergency care and more. Our comprehensive medical specialties are here to offer individualized care to every individual that walks through our doors. We also offer 24/7 emergency services and two intensive care units: surgical intensive care unit (SICU) and medical intensive care unit (MICU). We are an accredited Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP) Center and an accredited Chest Pain Center with Primary PCI. We are members of HCA Houston Healthcare, the most comprehensive family of hospitals in the region and part of the leading provider of healthcare in the country, HCA Healthcare. Together we are stronger, smarter and more accessible in providing the patient-centered care you need close to home.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply for our RN Sepsis Coordinator opening. We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates will be directly contacted by a member of our team. We are interviewing apply today!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website